Primavera Line Up (2 Viewers)

Dutchy said:
anyone found any cheap flights yet???

ryanair 180 + taxes
aerlingus 160 + taxes

i was hoping for summat round 80 - 100

I booked 31 May to 4 June with Iberia - 133 snots incl tax. Seems to be the best price out there and flys directly to Barcelona and the times are good. I booked it through ebookers.ie

i also did this but from the 30th to the 5th and it was 113 snot so......ya

Where do people generally stay area wise? was looking at (cool) apartments near la Ramblas but apparently its miles from the festival action and quite expensive for pub boozin. anyone in the know?

Suggest you check Gothic Point hostel. It's not within walking distance of festival venue, but is is dead-city-centre, lots of pubs, and public transportation in Barna is top-notch. Gothic Point is good quality, and clean. Do a Google.

telford collier said:

Where do people generally stay area wise? was looking at (cool) apartments near la Ramblas but apparently its miles from the festival action and quite expensive for pub boozin. anyone in the know?

Don't bother staying near the festival, the area around it is shite. There's no problems whatsoever getting to and from the festival, metros run virtually all night on weekends and taxis cost nothing, it's only 15 minutes from the city centre

I'd be looking for accomodation in El Ravel, the other side of La Rambla from the Barri Gothic. A bit more run down, but all the better for it.
Also El Born is probably the nicest area in the city centre, but a bit pricey.
At the end of the day, its a very compact city anyway, no matter where you stay you won't be far from the action.

telford collier said:

yeah Iberia arre charging 113 euro, that's a good fare alright! Can't wait. What's the beer like inside the venue, I presume they sell more than bud or heino or the usual shite they sell here at festivals.

It's all estrella damm but perfectly tolerable, especially in the heat. Last year it was 3euro for large and 2 for small (I think). You convert yr cash into 1euro tokens. Works surprisingly ok actually. Foods not bad too.

bazthemerciless said:
It's all estrella damm but perfectly tolerable, especially in the heat. Last year it was 3euro for large and 2 for small (I think). You convert yr cash into 1euro tokens. Works surprisingly ok actually. Foods not bad too.

Estrella is a good strong beer. I'm sure I'll be very happy there!

estrella damm....under usual circiumstances I'd probably call it piss, but it's grand under the circumstances, ie: festival conditions etc. didn't give me much of a hangover, which is a good start. getting a beer on the first night was a bit of a struggle, but no problem for the rest of the festival. there are plenty of bars around the venue... I even recall getting free beer at one point. unprecedented!

the token idea is cool... but beware, they issue different tokens for each day so if you have spares from the night before you'll have to cash them in for new wans. €3 for a cerveza "grande" which was around the same quantity as a longneck beer perhaps. could be worse... better than over here anyway. well.... unless you live in cork, drink beamish and go to callanan's... €2.55 a pint :p

just made a reservation for a 9th floor terrace flat in downtown for me and 3 finnish buddies...28 yoyos per night per person all costs, not bad...

in Gracia, near sagrada familia i think...bit north from where i was originally looking for, but i don't think its gonna be a problem

map.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back