• Thread starter AMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 66
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 6

AMC

Website
www.theamc.net
Handy little breakdown of who's who for anyone heading to Primavera this year. Only problem is it details EVERYONE. Some of them being pretty obvious too. Still though it's pretty handy......

.|..| .|..|

12twelve Fira / post rock : jazz

2 Many Dj's Rockdelux by Vueling / electro dance djs

Ainara LeGardon Fira / americana

Akron/Family Danzka CD Drome / orchestral pop folk / animal collective vibe

Alexander Kowalski feat. Khan Ya.com / detroit techno

Anari Fira / patti smith / pj harvery vibe

Animal Collective Danzka CD Drome / pop psychedelia / electronica

Annelies Monseré La [2] / singer songwriter/ breezy vox

The Appleseed Cast Danzka CD Drome / like sunny day real estate/ emoish...yep

Baby Shambles Rockdelux by Vueling / junkies

Beef Fira / otherwise known as wire

The Bellrays La [2] rock n soul / garage punk

Big Star Danzka CD Drome / legends / for fans of the beatles / beach boys / teenage fanclub

Boredoms Danzka CD Drome / experimental rock with a nod to psychedelia and krautrock

The Brian Jonestown Massacre - you broke my motherfuking sitar / fucked up / 60s wannabe / psychedelic rock / dandys etc...

Castanets Danzka CD Drome / will oldhamish / Northamerican roots

Centro-Matic Danzka CD Drome / Apolo Venue / Guided By Voices / REM vibes

The Charades Fira / Love & Radio Birdman having a wank

Clint Fira / Calexico / Tindersticks

Coconot Fira / Latin Kraut / jazz

Constantines Rockdelux by Vueling / crossing between Bruce Springsteen and Fugazi, for fuck sake!!

The Deadly Snakes Danzka CD Drome / Tom Waits nods, toy pianos, mellotrones and a good share of fierce rock...

Deerhoof Danzka CD Drome / Sonic Youth / Blonde Redhead / Lightning Bolt

Dinosaur Jr. Estrella Damm / grey but great!!

DJ Rush Ya.com / Chicago House

Drive-By Truckers Rockdelux by Vueling / the spirit of Neil Young meets with the heartburn roots of The Rolling Stones

The Drones Rockdelux by Vueling / swampy Aussie blues

Ellen Allien & Apparat Ya.com / hypnotical electro-tech

Elliott Brood La [2] / for fans of Palace, 16 Horsepower, Tom Waits or even Springsteen

Erol Alkan Ya.com / dj From rock to electronics and vice versa / mental mash ups / too many djs etc...

ESG Danzka CD Drome / oh boy!! The queens of post punkdancesoulhippop

Experience La [2] / where the hip-hop and the guerrilla rock attack each other wildly in a set where they cover everything from from Shellac, Public Enemy, Gil Scott-Heron, Bonnie Prince Billy, Q And Not U, PIL and A Tribe Called Quest. A MUST SEE!!!

Ferenc Danzka CD Drome / ist German techno ya!

Final Fantasy Auditori / Arcade Fire Violinist / squaking and fiddling

The Flaming Lips Estrella Damm / never heard of em....

French Toast La [2] / members of The Make Up / Fugazi / savage baggage!!

Gang Gang Dance Danzka CD Drome / experimentation and the most visceral improvisation to approach the deliriums of the No-Neck Blues Band in Tortoise's mathematical jazz

The Hells Fira / boy / girl /white strips / sleater kinney / pj / etc....

I'm From Barcelona Danzka CD Drome / 24 members / pop / polyphonic spree / sound engineers wet dream....

Isobel Campbell Danzka CD Drome / autumn melancholy and pastoral pop / album with Mark Langegan / ex Belle & Sebastian

Jens Lekman Danzka CD Drome / The Magnetic Fields, Future Bible Heroes, Belle and Sebastian and Television Personalities and Jonathan Richman

Jody Wildgoose La [2] / Stoned pop / The Beach Boys / Velvet Underground / The Beatles

John Roderick Apolo Venue / sunny american pop / wilco

Joris Voorn Ya.com / Dutch Techno DJ

José González Auditori / fucking loaded after the incident with his balls!!

Justice Ya.com / crafty French electro / daftpunk / air

Killing Joke Estrella Damm / no description needed!!!

La Buena Vida Auditori / indie schmindie

Lambchop Auditori / alt country / americana

LD & The New Criticism Rockdelux by Vueling / country / pop

Le Jonathan Reilly Fira / punk / garage

Lou Reed Estrella Damm / vu legend / solo legend / sunday night would be a perfect day for him but he's on saturday...............................sorry!!

M.A.N.D.Y Dj's Apolo Venue / minimal techno...

Marko Nastic Ya.com / techno with three sets of decks

Mazoni Fira / Neil Young meets the Super Furries sung in Catalan

Meu Fira / Clash / Madness / Happy Mondays

The MFA Ya.com / thick rhythms, acid basses and breathtaking beats.

Mick Harvey Danzka CD Drome / Folk style covers / Lee Hazelwood, Tim Buckley, Guy Clark

Mogwai Estrella Damm / Instrumental darlings

Motörhead Rockdelux by Vueling / "it's time to play the game"

The New Christs Danzka CD Drome / one of the most influential bands of Australian rock after AC/DC

No-Neck Blues Band Danzka CD Drome

P:ano Danzka CD Drome / noise, extreme folk, tribal rhythms, experimental notes, free jazz, electronics, rock, psychedelia all stroll around

Pauline En La Playa Fira / Beach Boys meet Magnetic Fields / perfect pop melodies

Prin' La Lá Fira / six sisters (all under the age of 13) dreamy odysseys where Spiritualized and Mercury Rev echoes seem to be present

The Queen Machine Fira / twist psychedelia a bit more flavouring it with real good pop

Remate Fira / all around folk party

Rex The Dog Ya.com / 2 many djs / re-mixed tracks by Depeche Mode, The Prodigy, Soulwax, Client, Mylo and, more recently, Royksopp

Richard Hawley Rockdelux by Vueling / Fans of Scott Walker / Mojo magazine chose as one of the best albums of the season

The Robocop Kraus Rockdelux by Vueling / on Epitath / post-punk filled up with new wave keyboards and danceful beats

The Rogers Sisters Rockdelux by Vueling / a veteran mix of danceable post-punk, elastic pop and nods to The Slits and The B-52’s
Shellac Auditori / Mr. Albini returns....

Sisa Auditori / free visionary singer.......exactly??

Skimo La [2] For fans of Lali Puna, Broadcast, Broken Social Scene or Animal Collective.

Sleater-Kinney Rockdelux by Vueling / 3 girls / Sub Pop / indie genius

South San Gabriel Auditori / Texas / for fans of Lambchop

Southern Arts Society Rockdelux by Vueling / a project of twisted pop with cinematographic winks, organic electronics and melancholy songs

Stay Fira / Big Star, Teenage Fanclub but also The Stones Roses and The Strokes

Stereolab Rockdelux by Vueling / Anglo-French four-piece / experimental pop

Stuart A. Staples Auditori / Mr.Tindersticks

Surfin' Bichos Rockdelux by Vueling / re-formed spanish indie legends with cult like following

Tachenko Fira / colourist project of expansive pop

Television Personalities Rockdelux by Vueling / Hugely influential / punk, art-pop / psychedelia

Tender Forever Danzka CD Drome / French female singer songwriter / intimate pop, pure songs and some electronic touches.

Troy Von Balthazar La [2] / Melancholic pop that live becomes a whirlwind of sensations.

Umek Ya.com / dj / four decks / house

Undertow Orchestra Auditori / featuing none other than Mark Eitzel (American Music Club), Will Jonson (South San Gabriel, Center-Matic), Dave Bazan (Pedro The Lion) and Vic Chesnutt

Vashti Bunyan Auditori / after four decades of silence the folk songstress returns

Violent Femmes Estrella Damm / US indie legends

Why? Danzka CD Drome / indie schmindie Pavement like offerings

Xiu Xiu La [2] / mends popular music with post-punk, synth-pop, folk and noise. Their live shows, as seen two years ago at the festival, are worth of attention and devotion.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Estrella Damm / Two classic albums under their belt / and nothing stepping in their way/ the New York three piece take to Primavera to promote their fantastic new album 'show your bones'.

Yo La Tengo Rockdelux by Vueling / Darlings of the American underground / indie noise pop at its finest.

I've just realised that there is quite a lot of stuff in there that I don't know anything about, but that's all part of the fun - excitement!

eucrid eucrow said:
I've just realised that there is quite a lot of stuff in there that I don't know anything about, but that's all part of the fun - excitement!

so how many of us are goin then? i presume any irish accents i hear there will belong to thumped folks!

i'm going!
i look like this:

Stilt%20Walker%20-%20What%20a%20big%20guy%20%21%21%21.jpg

guess who's lookin hot these days:

laetitia03.jpg

i'm so jealous, even though i've seen a lot of the best acts recently, i'd love to see stereolab again.

hermie said:
guess who's lookin hot these days:

laetitia03.jpg

seriously? mebbe back in 96 when they toured with tortoise! will be my first time seeing them without mary (and since the divorce too)...

settin off in this this evenin so see y'all on thursday!
raft.jpg

sitting in dublin airport (gate C42) waiting to get on the plane which should be taking off in six minutes, but isn't. hijo de puta!!!!

lot of scruffy looking headz knocking about... wonder if any of them are primavera bound?

wha!?!? this computer wont let me write ....

"Spanish police were called to meet an aeroplane carrying singer Pete Doherty at Barcelona Airport after EasyJet said crew members found a syringe on board.

An EasyJet spokeswoman said crew found "a syringe hidden in a bin, covered in blood" in the plane's toilet."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5038844.stm

At least we know they made it to Barcelona for the gig, which is comforting considering it's Doherty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back