• Watchers 6
gang gang dance

deerhoof

bob westons between song question and answers sessions at the shellac gig

yeah yeah yeahs

jens lekman

flaming lips

was all thoroughly enjoyed by myself

I'll second Jens Lekman. He was incredible. The highlight had to be ESG for me. Although Big Star would be pretty close. I have to say that Alex Chilton came accross as a bit of a knob. Righteous Harmony won't agree would me.

.|..|

Dutchy said:
anyone know what the site is used for when primaveras not on?

Usually fuck all, its quite eerie walking around it at night when its totally empty, what with all the big sculptural architecture and what not.

They have the odd convention there, the odd concert (nothing on the scale of Primavera) and it plays host to a travelling fun-fair which is only marginally better than Funderland.

loved the scent of cooking sewage mixed with dope smoke.....and j mascis' long white hair scared me! missed stereolab and mogwai and had to leave lambchop as the room was spinning:( had a nice chat with a drunk mark eitzel on friday night! i brought a dictaphone for fun - listening back now to stuff i have no memory of saying or seeing!

mmmmmmmm - deerhoof, yo la tengo, animal collective, dinosaur, piano, vashti

baaaaaaaaaa - big star, akron/family, why, shellac

uurrrrrrrrgggh - no neck blues band, jens lekman, i'm from barcelona, that stage with all the spanish bands on it!

what were ESG and Gang Gang Dance like?

i cant remember lots tho and it was hard to try see everything! magic tho:)

Top 5 in no order:
Yo La Tengo - unexpectantly so
ESG - fun as fun can be
Boredoms - was down at very front and took pills just before they came on - incedible
Flaming Lips - great show
Xiu Xiu - intense and amazing but I was fucked by that stage

Possibly the most fun I've ever had in my life, roll on next year.

Pro-plus is magic stuff.

Charlie Bucket said:
what were ESG and Gang Gang Dance like?

was a little of my bean when I was watching them but Gang Gang Dance were incredible...played mostly off gods money. Took along time to get going...seemed like they were having tech difficulites when I first arrived, but then they didn't stop thereafter. They sound like nothing else both live and on record. Also she is definitely one of the cutest front gals in the business.

Very pissed off I missed Xiu Xiu, booked my flight to come back on the Sunday because I thought they were playing as part of the main festival...did they play any of their new stuff?

hermie said:
i'd be curious to hear what why? and xiu xiu were like live.what's whys band like

why? were a 3 piece. drummer played, eh drums and a vibraphone (often at the same time), yoni played snare, cymbal, and keyboards, and the guitar player played a rhodes too. fucking amazing.

xiu xiu were him and a girl, a drummachine, guitar, harmonium, various percussion, synths, and an autoharp. also fucking amazing.

i couldn't get over how much great music i saw.

highlights:
why?
stereolab
flaming lips
animal collective
xiu xiu
dinosaur jr
boredoms
vashti bunyan
shellac

surprisingly not shite:
babyshambles (the couple of songs i saw anyway. i wanted to hate them but didn't)
yeah yeah yeahs

surprisingly shite:
yo la tengo (except for that new song they did!)

What a laugh. Tellford Collier is a mad yoke and Ivan only got a ticket for pissing in public.I've blisters all over me feet.

I liked Robocop Krauss, ESG and Gang Gang Dance best, Big Star were also good. Was a bit dissapointed with Deerhoofs set, they sound better on the record.

Xiu Xiu = well, it sounded like The Killers in places.

Can't get over the price of that drink at the festival, fuckin mad dear.

I wouldn't ever recommend Primavera for checkin out new bands, unless it was Spanish bands-there were 2 good ones I saw, twelve and Coconot, the latter were amazing- AtP is more off centre!

Limerick heds Rule!

Archie said:
was a little of my bean when I was watching them but Gang Gang Dance were incredible...played mostly off gods money. Took along time to get going...seemed like they were having tech difficulites when I first arrived, but then they didn't stop thereafter. They sound like nothing else both live and on record. Also she is definitely one of the cutest front gals in the business.

roll on 31st August!!!!

did Babyshambles not cancel? or did they just turn up late? we went for some cava instead in the local bar to pass the time, thought they weren't turning up...

Ya , better this piss anyways!
10000379325_s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back