Primavera - Who's Who?? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter AMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 66
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 6
shit yeah, forgot about the shellac gig. really bad... terrible sound especially. glad it wasn't the first time I'd seen them; that would have been unimaginably disappointing.

everything else I saw was pretty good/great though. think I saw more good stuff last year though... definitely didn't see anything good that I didn't already know this year. except akron/family. wicked awesome.

plug said:
true. and the drinking receptacles were smaller this year. I quickly switched allegiance to "ron y cola" and never looked back. much better booze token/drunk ratio...

this is where things took a turn for the better

WHAT A WEEK
Highlights - Why?Robocop Kraus, Stereolab, Deerhoof, YLT, yYYS, getting five mins of ESG in after Dino J, Boredoms, Not being able to see boredoms due to whiskey making my eyes so blurry, cocktails in cafe flamengo, sound bar-maid at fest given healthy portions of rum for low cost, drinking on the metro, dancing with me hood up....i could go on

Lolights - Shellac was yawny, three quid for shitty beer, er trying to bargain street venders for beer at 3 in the morningdown narrow streets

ROLL ON NEXT YEAR

Best music-things were in order:
Animal Collective
Yo La Tengo
Gang Gang Dance
Sleater-Kinney
Dinosaur Jr
Boredoms
Akron/Family
Lambchop
Deerhoof
No-Neck Blues Band

Other great things:
Deadly town
Oviso pub on Orwell Square
Super 8 evening in the aforementioned, two deadly films overlapped all the time
CHERRIES
At festival, one euro more than beer you get half the amount in gin/whisky/vodka
Not having to leave to work from barcelona, instead: finland

Bad things:
Missing ESG
Some shit food at some shit eatery
Estrella Damm piss
Shellac
the Drones
Why?
Someone's been listening to flaming lips and thom yorke messing up my street wise last.fm lists

Some clips i shot at http://www.youtube.com/user/babriga

Cafe Flamingo was the shit, great tunes and happy hour that goes on all day three europes for any cocktail. needless to see i walked home upside down, the mochitos were very tasty.

Yo la tengo were such a disapointment i thought they were tripe. Everything else was great: total result

no, ylt were really good, even though I was so knackered during them I was having trouble staying awake at points. I kept trancing out during the big extended noisy solos, which was actually very enjoyable! didn't hear anyone else badmouthing them at the festival, quite the opposite in fact.

shellac on the other hand, were lost in the huge indoor venue that they insisted on playing in. the view, and more importantly, the sound, was shit beyond belief. I mean really shit. could barely hear the vocals. that's what ruined it for me... seen 'em plenty of times before anyway.

AMC said:
Yo La Tengo were great. It just seemed that all the Irish heads were lamped by the time they came on.

i was totally sober when they came on and they bored the bollix offa me. i was really looking forward to finally seeing them too. such a disappointment. just seemed really uninspired or something. no real life to their set.

Ciarán R said:
Hmmm, had forgotten that, what a defensive young man. The last time I say that he is no longer a drunkard.
Is this Jimmy btw?

nope. gary. i would never, ever, ever tell that guy he's no longer a drunkard!

chutneyfarmer said:
i was totally sober when they came on and they bored the bollix offa me. i was really looking forward to finally seeing them too. such a disappointment. just seemed really uninspired or something. no real life to their set.

yea they bored me in the ambassador too

was great to see motorhead, even if they did play acoustic guitars at one point! why would anyone go to see dinosaur jr when esg were playing? esg were GREAT. big star was good, glad i didn't go to see shellac. vashti bunyan was great. yo la tengo were good, but lost my attention for about the last half hour. yeahyeahyeahs were entertaining. robocop kraus went down really well. gang gang dance were good once they got going, they seem to have acquired a nutty dancer. enjoyed deerhoof. caught a bit of stereolab. was gee-eyed watching the boredoms, ended up watching the rogers sisters. french toast were good. other stuff was fun. crusties outside the compound made it seem like mad max IV: the booze apocalypse. met quality new people (niamh & alice). expensive booze in the compound was disappointing. smuggling rum in was rewarding.
have a good time all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back