post what you're listening to and say something about it (1 Viewer)

Although I can't often listen to music in work , on the commute to work I'm listening to a minidisk with The Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky, Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts, the afx tune off the rephlexions album, and Hey Ya by Andre 3000.

I find that I like that same qualities in The Rite of spring as I do in a lot of afx/aphextwin music (also with squarepusher). That is, that the music keeps changing. For instance tempo, introducing different sounds, unexpected changes in the musical structure etc. It keeps me interested when the view out the train window is so repetitive.
The Beatles album has some of those qualities too. But the main reason its on the disc is because I find I need to listen to vocals/melodic music every now and then.
And hey-ya is on there cause it's just bleedin rappa!

aaaahhhhhhhhhh, the monks from the 70s? the U.S. army guys who shaved circles into their hair? one of the best bands EVER!!! if not, then i don't have a clue who you're talking about...
Unclealo said:
The Monks: Black Monk Time

"This is hot time, this is beat time this is MONK TIME!" etc

Cliff Richard - Christmas List, he's on today with des and mel doing it, alice cooper was on the show too, they shoulda done a duet.

My neighbours' music is coming up through the floor, but nothing on in my house at the moment.

A bit ago, I was in the National Library listening to a white noise CD I got off a friend. It's great, and blocks out all of the stupid noises (who thought of building a library with GOOD acoustics!?) and dulls the people who think it's okay to talk in their outside voices, which, in turn helps me not get all angry: bring your own silence.

But then the bastards had sent the book I needed back to storage, so I put on the first Le Tigre and was on my merry way. It helps me to not get all angry and stuff when I'm trying to rassle my way down Baggot Street during the lunch hour. Thank god for Le Tigre.

I guess this all means I control my potential rage with music. But don't we all?

right now - Thin Lizzy - 'Jailbreak'
every irish person should own this and listen to it like weekly. i visited phil lynotts grave twice this year. happy days. 'emerald' is the greatest thing ever.
but yo seriously - "tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak, somewhere in the town" - where could that possibly happen?! nah killer shit though. jim fitzpatricks art work is wicked good too.

Psychotic no 2 said:
That song is fucking unbelievable - the whole album is pretty much deadly too.

I can't seem to come to terms with the amazing mastering job that was done on he ya. It has such a big, sparkly sound. deadly.

But im all about that afx tune , though. It's amazing. called afx-mangle (vip bent circuit mix) or something like that.
get it.

After Cliff ended, i stuck back on Time Of The Zombies, poor mans beatles my arse, gimme the zombies over the beatles any day.

emailed you those addresses matts. Is your brother in that band that sing"be bop a dee !cotton eye'd joe! he's been gone a long time ago!"

Testarosacles did you listen to the burning witch song last night or did were you to busy helping drunken christmas party victims out of the gutter?

thegoone said:
whats dayo b or patpat w's gee mail 'dresses aidan "ice cold" cunningham?

Ed said:
After Cliff ended, i stuck back on Time Of The Zombies, poor mans beatles my arse, gimme the zombies over the beatles any day.
gimme the Byrds, Beach Boys and the Kinks. all much better than the beatles.

dunno too much about the zombies. like what i've heard though.

this morning i'm listening to the Black Eyes album, which i've been listening to a lot over the last couple of weeks. the reason i like it is cause of the crazy screaming guitar stuff

earlier i was listening to the soundtrack for George Romero's Creepshow. its by this guy called John Harrison who also did the soundtrack to day of the dead. its deadly but not as good as the soundtrack to DOTD which is the spookiest head fuck ever - seriously the soundtrack is enough to keep you stocked up on night terrors for a long time

oh yeah, as is the trailer where the hands came through the wall

what's you email address? i'll send you a treat... ;)
rothko said:
I'm listening to Corpus Daemo

...it actually might be the best album
to come out of dublin over the last
5 years, no messin' like.

holy shit, i had no idea they had a website! i saw them live (on video) around a year ago... they completely ripped it up, fucking amazing band. total imagination freaks. respect to the max.
Unclealo said:
That's the boys. Mad Banjo-snare counter rhythms, beatnik lyrics:

http://www.the-monks.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back