possible Irish compilation cdr? (1 Viewer)

last i heard they didnt want to continue without the old drummer (who now plays in forever aftermath i think). theres another dogboy recording done though whether they'll release it or not is another story.

brianMy Remorse said:
mainly dublin scene? what are you on about?
its not the epicentre, be all and end all of the Irish scene. There are loads of bands from a load of different counties up and running at the moment. Im not taking away from the Dublin bands here, there are some really good ones, it just annoys me, when Dublin is pinned as the "scene".
your right im sorry i didnt mean it like that at all i just tought he ment the dublin scene im not that familiar with the scene outside dublin with the exception of cork

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
So what do you all think? Worthwhile? It all depends on the response. If it goes well I'll do the scene report I once promised.
Since you mentioned scene reports etc...
Have you seen the recent HC Compilation from Insane Society records(and other labels)?
It came out a few months back and is a compilation of about 10 current Czech bands from different regions of C. Republic.
It comes with a booklet(or Scene report as its titled) that gives a history of Czech underground music from 1976(the illegal years) up to 2003.
Its an amazing example of people working together, since the record was put out by about 10 different labels all chipping in/financing it.And the Scene report is a well written & researched booklet from reading it.
And its cheap too!
www.insanesociety.net i think or google it.

Steady on,a lot of response.Thats good. Ok,what I was thinking was that any band who submitted a song would go on,space allowing. And so it would have nothing to do with my taste or mates bands or anything. I was thinking of the cover just being an A4 photocopied page and no jewel case or even plastic sleeve. keep it super cheap and easy to duplicate. The idea is that knifed would hopefully sell some on tour but if anybody else went on tour they could make copies and sell them as well. It would therefore not be "gary's compilation" but would belong to"us" meaning the Irish punks. That way if I sold a load and made a couple of pence on each copy no one could complain because they could do the exact same thing and it would look the same.

So yes if Kid Blunt and Langdon Beck want to be involved you already are.
I think it would be an easy and cheap way to let people hear whats going on over here and could do no harm in giving it a shot. It also would not be a dublin comp but an irish comp involving whoever submits a song.
So if you want to send me 1 song on a cd(not your complete release) with contact info(write on the cd if you can) and send it to me
8 the crescent,Larch Hill,oscar traynor road,d9
I'll send a copy back to every band so they can copy them themselves and maybe it will snowball from there.
if there is enough songs i might even do another one.
damien The reason the scene report didnt happen was my fault,I got busy with more important things,maybe next time.

mc moley said:
soggy peat if im not mistaken?
did ya ever throw that interview ya did with us in there? we never broke up!
how much are they id like an aul copy or 2
yeah tis soggy peat... nah, that was ashs zine that did an interview with you i think...definetly wasnt mine... its free. oran has the (worst) newest issue.its baaaaaaaad.... new one out this summer! it will be better! i promise!

all you have to do to get us back together is bombard ciaran, dermot and john, with emails and texts saying get back together. and find us a bassist who can play and is not scared by us and our weirdness.

i'd like to get it back together again.

Sprinkles said:
i think derry can play bass....ask him... ok can we at least have a reunion gig? one night? please?! garyxknifedx, make excuse for escape get back together and put them on your compilation...

I'm particularly interested in having excuse for escape on the comp.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Now that I have a computer again I was thinking about doing a compilation cdr of irish bands to bring on tour with knifed when we go to england in july. it's not 100% that I will do this but I just thought it may be a good idea to get some irish bands heard over there for cheap. I was reckoning it will sell for no more than £1 to cover costs and have a photocopied cover so anyone can make copies and do similar.
So what do you all think? Worthwhile? It all depends on the response. If it goes well I'll do the scene report I once promised.
i think that be great idea.then any irish band going somewhere could spread the word.sounds good to me.i know tob and john still have lots of cdrs they got really cheap for their cdr thing so if that isn,t going ahead anymore they might sell them on cheap for the cause...if you are doing that scene report can i send you some thing new about easpa measa??good luck with the cdr.

thanks all for responding,now I just got to wait and see what is sent.Songs will go on it in the order I get them. So once I have about 60 minutes I'll put it together.
if there is too much I'll just have to do volume two.
dont send anything for a scene report. I'll wait and see if I want to do it after tour and I'll mention it then.
I suppose I need a deadline for contributions so end of june. This will allow me time to put it together and make copies.
Send in the tunes

Emmett said:
all you have to do to get us back together is bombard ciaran, dermot and john, with emails and texts saying get back together. and find us a bassist who can play and is not scared by us and our weirdness.

i'd like to get it back together again.

I fucking love to do it!I'd say ciaràn would do it during the summer when he has nothing better to be doing.Dermot wouldn't have to really do anything and John never goes anywhere so it could work!

Just give me the tape james has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back