Portishead - Third (1 Viewer)

The Wire slates it (pretty much - while talking about what an excellent band they were). They make it out to be a pretty disjointed listen?

Went on a drive up the mountains last night while listening to this and scared the shit out of myself. Its incredibly creepy and not as sexy as it ought to be

Still not feeling it. But it took me a while to get into the second album and when I eventually did I loved it. So I'll give it a few more listens before judging.

Like someone else was saying, right now I find it a bit dull. But maybe there are hidden depths...

Who cares what they think?

i know, i know, i often don't trust their reviews either (usually you can never tell whether they actually like the album they're writing about or not!) but this journo appeared to be a genuine fan disappointed with what arrived after all these years

I've only heard 'the Rip' and ooooooooooooooh my Gawwwwwwwd. (In Donegal accent...do it again)

Best track I've heard in years.

Not even a Portishead fan...till now.

haha, my housemate said the same thing about machine gun sounding like terminator at the end...
-
Haven't heard the whole album yet, tho i do think machine gun is a fantastic filthy track

Destined to be the feelgood hazy soundtrack of choice at barbies all summer long. Nah, first couple of listens and I'm well impressed. "The Rip" is an early fave. Thought they were deadly on Jools Holland last week. They played 3 songs which are up on youtube.

Yeh this albums really really good. Been listening to it a lot recently and I don't think any of the criticisms deserved at all

This album is fucking great! I bought it two days ago. It really pisses all over the achievements of all of the currently over-hyped bands, and the great thing is its like a bolt out of the blue. Portishead fucking Yesss!
.|..|

Yeah I got it a few weeks back. Came with the album on double vinyl and the single on etched vinyl and a usb stick containing everything on mp3 plus some vids. Not too bad.

I have this waiting for me in Dublin... I wanna go home!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back