playlist time again... (1 Viewer)

Muscle Beach said:
that's jimmy lavelle's old band, you should go check out the album leaf in dublin this weekend.
Fuck! I somehow managed to miss that post till today. The weekend is gone, as are the Album Leaf. Bollix.

damien said:
is anyone into jazz..? i would really like to investigate but dont know where to start.. i am hot for hearing the mad shit, like the crazy bass/drums stuff thats fast and has crazy timings all over the place.. not the laid back snooze-y stuff anyway.. recommendations?
Damo, I'm no Newpark Jazz genius, but you should try Dave Brubeck for strange (but generally static) time signatures (e.g, Take 5 , which you've probably heard). Try Miles Davis (especially Kind of Blue, heralded as the best Jazz record of the 20th Century), Grant Green is cool as fuck and twice as rockin, there's a deadly Italian trumpeter called Enrico Rava who did an amazing album called 'Easy Living', although Bitches Brew is deadly, I often find it quite hard to listen to (actually, some one told me it sounds amazing on mushies...all those jivin beats), Dunno, can't think of anything else now, but listen to Don Cab and Pele and nerdy shit like that if you're just out for something to confuse you.
Actually, listen to the drumming of Hella - mental.

Deaththreat/Talk in Poison split 7" - Christ, the Talk in Poison side on this is wicked stuff!!!

The Killing Spree 7" - Best played loud as hell!Another wicked record.|..|

listened to the No Rest album earlier which is pretty ok - better live though.

current playlist

Bob Tilton
Dio Holy diver LP
Carter the love album LP
Newtown Neurotics comp CDR
Moss Icon CDR
Black Sabbath the Mob Rules LP
Naked Raygun all rise LP
Motorhead overkill LP

and probably more.......

rossdonbeck said:
Damo, I'm no Newpark Jazz genius, but you should try Dave Brubeck for strange (but generally static) time signatures (e.g, Take 5 , which you've probably heard). Try Miles Davis (especially Kind of Blue, heralded as the best Jazz record of the 20th Century), Grant Green is cool as fuck and twice as rockin, there's a deadly Italian trumpeter called Enrico Rava who did an amazing album called 'Easy Living', although Bitches Brew is deadly, I often find it quite hard to listen to (actually, some one told me it sounds amazing on mushies...all those jivin beats), Dunno, can't think of anything else now, but listen to Don Cab and Pele and nerdy shit like that if you're just out for something to confuse you.
Actually, listen to the drumming of Hella - mental.
haha..my brother would fuckin love you..

Over the last week or two:

Isis Panopticon
ASVA/Burning Witch 12"
Entombed Wolverine Blues
Cathedral The Carnival Bizaar
Sunn 0))) Everthing
Hidden Hand Mother Teacher Destroyer
Wino compilation tape for the car
Mark Lanegan Bubblegum (shitloads)

This week............

The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed
Converge - You Fail Me
Last Days of Humanity - Hymns of Indigestible Sppuration
Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer
Zao - Parade of Chaos

and been the season it is...

Electric Wizard - We live
Palehorse - Gee aint that swell
Isis - Oceanic
Isis - Celestial

Whats the new Isis album like, heard it is class?

listening to the New Killing Spree.. brilliant stuff..

on another note, I have a don cab cd, maybe i didnt give it a chance but it kinda sucks.

Don cab nerds, explain?

Unison - Resignation Speaks:I Will Be A Corpse lp

Amazing band!
I`d highly recommend everyone get the Senata Fox(Ex-Nikad)/Unison split 7" - its available for the price of a sandwich from Stonehenge records/distro.
Both bands are so overlooked and under appreciated, its a disgrace!

Unison(download this mp3) - they have faster better stuff though.

5ive's continuum research project, 10past7, youthmovie soundtrack stratigies, dresden dolls,pretty girls make graves , coalesce is the only heavy band i've played in ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back