Pixies Pixies Pixies Pixies Pixies (2 Viewers)

i really don't agree, the pixies were ok, that's all, everyone knew all the words, but they weren't entertaining. mind you i know how much they get a gig so i bet they don't fucking care what i think. if you haven't seen them then go, it'll probably be the last chance, but if anyone's expecting it to be life altering, like the way you would have done at 13 or 14, then you'll be very very let down. they are a great band, they're just presently located in the wrong decade, and it just sounded like listening to a worse version of the album, but the stunningly bad musicianship was laways its charm anyway. unfortunatley i can't say the same about the liars, they're shit. berg sans nipple, band of the weekend... check them out

ostrichsyndrome said:
the stunningly bad musicianship was laways its charm
theyre not all bad musicians...certainly not stunningly so. that wasnt their charm, theres nothing charming about awful musicians.

somehow i think you'll get the exact same set list, in exactly the same order, played with a similar lack of conviction... and the week after you'll forget all about it... or maybe i was extremely destroyed.

certain people, other than mr. wrafter had an effect on the outcome of my day, i remember most of it though. can we leave the discussion on this til after the london and dublin gigs and have a grand battle royal discussion on this whole situation... i promise there'll be people on my side of the fence.

As you wish, as you wish.

But I've been to more gigs than the average bear - and no gig - ever - has put a smile on my face as broad as the one I had for the Pixies. Period.

ostrichsyndrome said:
i promise there'll be people on my side of the fence.
of course there will be. same way plenty of people think that john squire is the uber guitarist...doesnt mean theyre right. it means theyre idiots.

in other news, im fairly open minded about how poor/deadly this gig will be.

pixies made me smile also, but it was more just a relief that i'd seen them at last, there's was loads of bands who played much more like they wanted to be there. then again i have gone over this, the pixies really dont have to try anymore.
i quite like john squire, his problem is that he doesn't have a sound, so to speak of, he just plays and its fine, its just not wonderful

ostrichsyndrome said:
the stunningly bad musicianship was laways its charm anyway
Ho ho ho
You, sir, are a nut
David Lovering is a fine, fine drummer. If only we had more drummers in Dublin with his control over dynamics ... and, fucking hell, all of them are competent. No virtuosity, but it's in time and in tune (at least on the albums) and that's what counts

egg... i´m a competent drummer, that doesn´t mean i´m good. lets see after being in a band for close on ten years and maybe practicing now and again over the last 13, david lovering is nothing special. attack me after you see them in dublin, leave it there

egg_ said:
I have seen them in Dublin dude :)
What band are you in? If you're a patch on DL I want to see you
did you see them in the stadium?
I'm going to London this weekend to see them too and I'm very much in 2 minds. I'm sceptical about the whole reforming to play gigs to make a quick buck thing and I saw them twice back in the day so it's not like I have a dream I want fulfilling. But on de other hand, they were fab both times I did see them.....and it'll probably be a good night of nostalgia and booze fuelled fun.

Which is exactly why I'm off to see the stooges Sunday. It could be crap, but it has the potential to be fantastic.

I can't wait to see the pixies saturday, and I don't care if it is 'cool' or not.
lorcanzo said:
the risk of seeing a crap band is worth the chance of seeing an amazing show methinks..

Ian said:
Kim dont look that big in that photy...
blackdeal.jpg

i think i was 13 when the pixies last played in ireland... i´m not in a band. i just like to play now. i´m not as good as DL, but then again i can think of 90% of the bands i listen to, who have better drummers than him. i´d say back in the day the pixies were phenominal to watch... time has taken its toll, that´s all i´m saying. who cares if the pixies are a cool band, they wrote great music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back