photo people crowd barrier (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 11
I always ban photography at my gigs because I'm kind of old fashioned and believe that a camera will steal my soul.

what if one was to turn up outfitted as below
img_weegee_bio.jpg

While watching wire from the balcony in whelans I really decided this whole business of a line of people in the front row taking photo's and filming bands at concerts has gone too far. more and more at gigs there's a line of these people taking up the whole front of the stage. I think it really interferes with the connection between the band and the audience. the front of the stage is where the most enthusiastic members of the audience belong, so they can dance and get things going for everyone, including the band themselves, most of whom really feed off the energy of the audience. it isn't the place for photo nerds who don't even bother clapping between songs and instead use the time to make camera adjustments...
I reckon allow photographers at the front for the first song or two, then they should fuck off down the back and let the party people up the front.
Im going to start trying to make this happen at u:mack gigs, unless the specific band playing disagree's with me.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I know people want the best pics they can get, but they gotta get out of the way, they're wrecking the buzz

yay, 100 feckers in front of me waving their mobile phones around drives me spare, getting sick of paying 10-20 into a gig and all i see are people's wrists

That was without flash & I took about three of them! I don't mind if it's just a few but he was going non stop all weekend.

i'm only messin. that's what he does. videos everything too. it's his thing

People are stupid. You could solve the problem of too many photographers at gigs by killing the audience.

..but then there would be silence

..then more photographers would show up to photograph the massacre. Ye can't win

What if it was just a load of photographers in the audience taking pictures of a load of photographers on stage who were taking photos of the audience of photographers and also the venue was a giant camera? That's what these flashists are ultimately aiming for. Then will it be a photaliterean utopia? WILL IT?

Ah come on now, that suggestion is as bad as the fact you insist on spelling 'venues', 'cameras' and 'photos' with an apostrophe before the 's' when they do not require one. ;)

i dont see the need for irish people to spend thier time being pedantic about the queens english.

venues in furs.

What if it was just a load of photographers in the audience taking pictures of a load of photographers on stage who were taking photos of the audience of photographers and also the venue was a giant camera? That's what these flashists are ultimately aiming for. Then will it be a photaliterean utopia? WILL IT?

in the words of the great Irish philosopher Glen Hansard:

'MAKE ART!!!!!!!!!!111'

It's so we don't get labelled 'Thick Paddys'. Why pretend to be illiterate?

why care about people calling us thick paddys?? surely its more of a reflection on the person calling you a thick paddy then it is actually on you. its probably a good litmus for someone not worth getting to know actually. oh, and to annoy you further, i worked as a proof reader for two years once.

why care about people calling us thick paddys?? surely its more of a reflection on the person calling you a thick paddy then it is actually on you. its probably a good litmus for someone not worth getting to know actually. oh, and to annoy you further, i worked as a proof reader for two years once.

I find that mind-boggling, to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back