photo people crowd barrier (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 11
if a gig is being professionally filmed, would that be announced beforehand?
anything ive ever done before(save for battles but we were strictly instructed to stay out of sight for that) ive gotten the promoter to put up posters around the venue indicating that the gig will be filmed.

While watching wire from the balcony in whelans I really decided this whole business of a line of people in the front row taking photo's and filming bands at concerts has gone too far. more and more at gigs there's a line of these people taking up the whole front of the stage. I think it really interferes with the connection between the band and the audience. the front of the stage is where the most enthusiastic members of the audience belong, so they can dance and get things going for everyone, including the band themselves, most of whom really feed off the energy of the audience. it isn't the place for photo nerds who don't even bother clapping between songs and instead use the time to make camera adjustments...
I reckon allow photographers at the front for the first song or two, then they should fuck off down the back and let the party people up the front.
Im going to start trying to make this happen at u:mack gigs, unless the specific band playing disagree's with me.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I know people want the best pics they can get, but they gotta get out of the way, they're wrecking the buzz
i'm a house photographer for whelans/andrews lane/the village.

i agree with the issue that's been raised. there are way too many people being allowed to bring cameras to gigs. what happened to the rule of no cameras that was run in all venues up until a few years ago? i know it nice for people to come away from a gig with a few pics of a band that they really like, but the digital age has created a whole slew of people who think they're photographers and all they really succeed in doing is pissing people off.

i make a concerted effort most of the time to make sure i don't get in the way of the punters enjoyment of a gig. whether i'm at the side of the stage or in the middle, i spend most of the time shooting down on the floor. i never use flash if i can help it. at the wire gig i felt embarrassed to be yet another body at the front of the stage with a camera. this feeling was not unique to the wire gig.

the main problem with shooting in the above mentioned venues is that they provide no facility for the professional photographers who have a purpose there. all other venues provide a pit. the village occasionally does this, although that last few times i've been there hasn't been one. granted, whelans is probably a little small to be taking up floor space with a crowd barrier. perhaps they should reintroduce a policy of no cameras at all for the punters.

i'm a house photographer for whelans/andrews lane/the village.

i agree with the issue that's been raised. there are way too many people being allowed to bring cameras to gigs. what happened to the rule of no cameras that was run in all venues up until a few years ago? i know it nice for people to come away from a gig with a few pics of a band that they really like, but the digital age has created a whole slew of people who think they're photographers and all they really succeed in doing is pissing people off.

i make a concerted effort most of the time to make sure i don't get in the way of the punters enjoyment of a gig. whether i'm at the side of the stage or in the middle, i spend most of the time shooting down on the floor. i never use flash if i can help it. at the wire gig i felt embarrassed to be yet another body at the front of the stage with a camera. this feeling was not unique to the wire gig.

the main problem with shooting in the above mentioned venues is that they provide no facility for the professional photographers who have a purpose there. all other venues provide a pit. the village occasionally does this, although that last few times i've been there hasn't been one. granted, whelans is probably a little small to be taking up floor space with a crowd barrier. perhaps they should reintroduce a policy of no cameras at all for the punters.

I'd agree with that. If you're working or asked to take photos by the band you can always get a photo pass sorted for yourself.

I'm another person who doesn't bother bringing a camera much anymore as there's too many already there. (and Janer has better gear than me).

Timo,I'll make a point of kicking some am-cam ponce in the face at the next gig I play for you.

Can't say fairer than that.

Timo,I'll make a point of kicking some am-cam ponce in the face at the next gig I play for you.

Can't say fairer than that.

66 posts until someone comes up with an actual practical suggestion.

Good man Gazzer.

What about that spot at the back of whelans up behind the sound desk and in front of the bar. Is that not practical for taking photos? Or do you need to be close up to get a good shot? I know nothing about photography.

I don't mind people taking a few pictures with an actual camera at a gig - it's the morons who hold their shitty phone aloft for the whole gig so they can have a shit quality recording of a gig that they weren't even paying attention to that really get me.

Seriously. Put the fucking phone down and experience the gig as it's happening.

Remember memory? That thing you use in your head to remember things? Fucking use it nimrods.

fucking people pissing all over my shoes in the urinals is what really gets me. can't dicks be aimed anymore?! am i right guys?

and whats the story with bum wipe running out about half way through like? i have to bring an emergency stash with me to EVERY GIG i go to these days.

I don't mind people taking a few pictures with an actual camera at a gig - it's the morons who hold their shitty phone aloft for the whole gig so they can have a shit quality recording of a gig that they weren't even paying attention to that really get me.

Seriously. Put the fucking phone down and experience the gig as it's happening.

Remember memory? That thing you use in your head to remember things? Fucking use it nimrods.

What he said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back