photo people crowd barrier (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 11
edit: ah forget it

I'm just glad that we've found something we can all agree on that isn't Thin Lizzy

i would love if camera's were completely banned from venue's, all venue's ever ever ever. they have absolutely nothing to do with gigs or music. i would like it however if someone was employed to approximate the proceedings of the night in satirical cartoon or watercolor form. i love photo's as an art/document of things, but i would only consider it fair if everyone in attendance at photo exhibits was playing bass, and 90% of them doing it badly.

i was at the front at RSAG a few weeks ago and it really gave me the shits when this huge douchebag barrelled through the crowd, pushing people out of the way to PERCH ON THE STAGE (whelans) taking shots like no one else was there. there was another very strange-faced guy* with a camera taking 'gig shots' the WHOLE time as well.

and you were up front for that gig. I was back a bit and it was made all the worse because he sits real low on stage. Its hard enough to see him at the best of times but its made all the worse by these nob-heads who think having a camera equates to some kind of VIP pass.

i would love if camera's were completely banned from venue's, all venue's ever ever ever. they have absolutely nothing to do with gigs or music. i would like it however if someone was employed to approximate the proceedings of the night in satirical cartoon or watercolor form. i love photo's as an art/document of things, but i would only consider it fair if everyone in attendance at photo exhibits was playing bass, and 90% of them doing it badly.

Ah come on now, that suggestion is as bad as the fact you insist on spelling 'venues', 'cameras' and 'photos' with an apostrophe before the 's' when they do not require one. ;)

i was at a friends EP launch a couple of months ago in a recording studio, so basically the gig took place in a tiny spot; therefore imagine the irritation when three amateur photographers proceeded to actively knock over stands and push audience members out of the way to get a few shots... for the whole fucking gig!!

i was not a happy bunny

Emoticon?

i was at a friends EP launch a couple of months ago in a recording studio, so basically the gig took place in a tiny spot; therefore imagine the irritation when three amateur photographers proceeded to actively knock over stands and push audience members out of the way to get a few shots... for the whole fucking gig!!

i was not a happy bunny

I always ban photography at my gigs because I'm kind of old fashioned and believe that a camera will steal my soul.

How do the musicians feel about having little bits of their soul being stolen every night dozens and dozens of times?

I'd say it'd have to grow back during the day or else they'd have none left and wouldn't be able to make music anymore.

How do the musicians feel about having little bits of their soul being stolen every night dozens and dozens of times?

I'd say it'd have to grow back during the day or else they'd have none left and wouldn't be able to make music anymore.

it used to piss me off a bit actually, because i always found it really off-putting - especially when someone is kind of dancing around the front of the stage taking photos

the old boom boom room was the worst for it though. i remember someone actually getting on stage during a gig there to take a photo - they were quickly and forcefully moved
:mad:
leigh

I find it really embarrassing- I'm just not comfortable with it- I know I should be putting on a rock star face and making love to the camera but instead I'm squirming and thinking " go away, please go away"

crude pastel sketches like they do in courtrooms are ok

anything else is insensitive to my beliefs

i always though that this was the unwritten rule gig photographers anyway? guess everyone's a blogger and everyone's a photographer now and nobody knows shit

good thinkin timo

What did you think of that dude with the big camera taking pictures on Saturday? That guy was taking pictures non stop the entire time every single act was on. It was only a tiny room like, the flash got very irritating after the frist band then he just kept going and going and going..

i've taken photos at a few gigs, and never used flash. i'd only bring a camera in at the invitation of the band now, though.

i pretty much only ever did photos at gigs I ran myself or on the invitation of the band.

really have gotten out of the live photography stuff, as especially at quite gigs you feel like a knob end. also, once you master a few tricks of the trade theres not a whole lot of challange/variety to it. (IMHO, needless to say)

I would agree with satensbraten tho, at the moment d-slrs have become (relatively) so cheap that every second person has one, and consequently feels obliged to bring it out on every ocasion

What did you think of that dude with the big camera taking pictures on Saturday? That guy was taking pictures non stop the entire time every single act was on. It was only a tiny room like, the flash got very irritating after the frist band then he just kept going and going and going..

that's mikhael, he's cool, he can do whatever he wants, doesn't bother me
\
ps -
4504_120448569072_663079072_2802447_2102265_n.jpg

ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back