PHOBIAS (1 Viewer)

moc said:
i reckon i wouldnt be mad keen on small enclosed spaces...

potholing... no thank you.

did that once as a youngfella in the burren. 'Twas really interesting until we got to a 50ft tunnel which we had to crawl through to get to the next cavern, a couple of people panicked 20ft in and we gave up.
If they hadn't panicked though i would've been next. Mainly due to the grim feeling that any random elbow or knee jostle of the clay tunnel wall could bury us all alive *shudders*

Igor said:
did that once as a youngfella in the burren. 'Twas really interesting until we got to a 50ft tunnel which we had to crawl through to get to the next cavern, a couple of people panicked 20ft in and we gave up.
If they hadn't panicked though i would've been next. Mainly due to the grim feeling that any random elbow or knee jostle of the clay tunnel wall could bury us all alive *shudders*

imagine being stuck under the burren with some of these things...
giantspider.jpg

a huge swarm of wasps arrived in my backyard today while i was hanging out my washing. i think its wasps and not bees (i'd quite like bees...). theres was millions of them flying around in a big thick cloud and i had to leg it inside. theyve now settled in one of the trees and are all huddled together in a clump up at the top. looks cool, though i'd say there'll be trouble later in the summer when they start getting bad tempered.

Guepe.jpg

file under 'mostly irrational'....

"the thing that scares me most about nuclear war isn't the death and destruction, but the vomiting caused by radiation sickness"

- charlie brooker, in one of his screen burn columns

i'm v. v. scared of vomiting, me or anyone else. i know most people find it gross, but it makes me go into shock.

the only thing i don't have the slightest fear of is drowning. i think this is probably foreshadowing.

Miss Piggy said:
did yiz hear that news story about this guy last week in england somewhere who was bit by a spider and only that he managed to snap a picture of it straight away and get it to someone he was a goner. i think what prompted him to take a snap was that it was bigger than his hand and spiders that big are uncommon in england. anyway, the doctors checked out the photo and it turned out the bastard was only the most poisonous spider known to man and had snuck in to england (from brazil of course) in a box of plants or bananas or something and the guy was rooting around in it and got bit :eek:.

apparently he'd have been totally fucked without the photo and they only developed an antidote to the spiders venom in the last few years.

spiders are nasty :( :(

:(

"Not good news for patients at the Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton, where Stevens was treated. In a follow-up story, the BBC News reported today that the spider, which had been captured and brought to the hospital, was accidentally released onto the grounds by a staff member who thought it was harmless. However, the freed spider is not thought to pose a health risk as experts say it would have died soon after its release."

Cop on lads. They're more scared of you that you are of them. Phobias are wussy.

Naw, I'm only messing. But I can't empathise. I'm not scared of anything me.

I'm necrophobic, glossophobic, acrophobic, arachibutyrophobic, paraskavedekatriaphobic and of course, teratophobic.

brianoak said:
Planes..I have also seen both series of aircrash investigation:eek:compelling but bad for you

im not afraid of flying, but i am afraid of dying in a plane crash. yet i watch that prgram too! compelling indeed.

i fucking hate creepy crawlies; cockroaches, spiders, centipedes, etc. whoever created the universe (and thusly those bugs) is getting a kick in the vag or bollocks from me when i die.

regarding weird things to be afeared of, a chick i went to school with had an intense fear of velvet.

Fear of crunchy peanut butter, or fear of peanut butter in general? I will have nothing to do with the crunchy variety.
I don't have a fear of flying, just generalised anxiety preceded by days of nightmares which usually end in fiery doom.

Along with spiders, I have a fear of damp cloth. Like when you get caught in the rain and your trousers get a bit wet and it clings to your leg. Or a wet sock.

*shudder*

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back