People Who Died (13 Viewers)

I'd say most people are okay after 1 or 2. Beyond that, you're lying to yourself.

It's usually the speeding that kills in drink-driving cases anyway.

Drink driving is still massively widespread here. I'm amazed that there isn't more deaths tbh

Two successive pints - you shouldn't be driving within one hour of finishing the second one. At least.

My mate's club, everyone drinks like crazy in there and all drive home.
You're looked at like you're the weird one when you turn down a lift.

Thats crazy. I've seen this kind of thing in movies, but I thought that was just the movies. Weird, cause I didn't think they had the drinking culture that we have. Or maybe that explains it...

Thats crazy. I've seen this kind of thing in movies, but I thought that was just the movies. Weird, cause I didn't think they had the drinking culture that we have. Or maybe that explains it...

They don't have the same proportion of drinkers that we do, but the ones that do drink, do so with gusto.

i think the cultural battle re: drink driving has largely been won.

i meant in ireland, but maybe not. i don't think i know anyone who'd consider driving after anything more than 1 drink, and few who'd do that (or would admit to it). i might be wrong.

tired driving is arguably just as dangerous and i know i've been guilty of it. have never fallen asleep at the wheel , but i've come close a couple of times. very hard to legislate for that though and hard to detect the danger in yourself until the eyelids start to droop.

i was talking about irish people, both the facebook bragging and the experience of people suggesting drink-driving after a night out

plus, in the 250-300,000 kms i've done in the last six years, i have been breathalised once.

The breathalyzing is another numbers game. Getting people on their way to work in Dublin hardly seems to be tackling the problem.
They want to be able to tell Gay Byrne they've caught another 200 people or whatever.
Do it where people are dying. People are not dying in the morning rush hour.

bear in mind too that if you don't have your licence on you when you're breathalysed, you'll be subject to the lower limit. 50mg applies to qualified drivers, 20mg to learner drivers; but if you can't prove you're qualified - i.e. if you don't have a licence, they'll treat you at the scene as if you're unqualified.

I suppose now is as good a time to let you in on my 30+ years held opinion that Joe Cocker is a talentless bore wringing the life out of that horrid song for far too long.

Condolences though. I'm sure he was a cool grandfather.

You're a bad man Anthony

Although I don't have any of his records I enjoyed the tour movie "Mad Dogs and Englishmen". He was huge in America for a while. Most of us (of a certain age) would know 'that' Beatles cover and the dreadful duet with Jennifer Warnes in the 80s

It will probably be punned all over his obituaries and in fawning youtube comments "You're up where you belong now Joe....sob"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back