Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
On a platform shaped like a HIV positive foetus, a
Website
theppk.com
Séamus Brennan

Former Arts Minister Séamus Brennan dies

The former Fianna Fáil Minister, Séamus Brennan, died in the early hours of this morning at his home in Churchtown in Dublin.

0000a68d10dr.jpg

Séamus Brennan - Had been ill for some time

He was 60, and had been unwell for some time.

Séamus Brennan was appointed Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism on 14 June 2007 but after the resignation of Bertie Ahern he stepped down from the Cabinet.

Advertisement

He had been on the Fianna Fáil front bench, whether in Government or in Opposition, continuously since 1987.

A former General Secretary of Fianna Fáil (1973-1980), he was first elected to the Dáil in 1981.

Born in Galway, he made his home in Dublin from the early 1970s, and represented Dublin South from the time the constituency was created.

Story from RTÉ Entertainment:
http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0709/brennans.html
I don't mean this thread as a comprehensive list of people that have died, just people that have died quite recently. I like the Jim Carroll song.

My uncle died last week. He was diagnosed with cancer three weeks ago, inoperable. He was 74. I tell ya when I die it'll take about 20 men to carry my coffin. I still have bruises on my shoulder from the coffin. Anyway R.I.P, Uncle Francie and to a much lesser extent, R.I.P. Seamus Brennan.

Dre's 20-year-old son Andre

Son of rap producer Dr. Dre found dead; Andre Young Jr. was 20

Young had been out with friends the night before his mother found him unresponsive. Determination of the cause of death has been deferred until test results are in.

]By Andrew Blankstein and Chris Lee, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
1:29 PM PDT, August 26, 2008

Rap impresario Dr. Dre's 20-year-old son was found dead over the weekend in his Woodland Hills home, coroner's officials said.

Andre R. Young Jr. had been out with friends the night before and was discovered in his bed by his mother at 10:24 a.m. Saturday, Los Angeles County coroner's spokesman Ed Winter said.

"She found him unresponsive and called paramedics," Winter said, adding that an autopsy had been completed but that determination of the cause of death was deferred pending the outcome of a "gamut of tests, including toxicology."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back