People Who Died (10 Viewers)

Clive Palmer of the incredible string band / C.O.B

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

no way... :(. saw him play with the reformed isb (minus williamson) around '03 and it was great. a legend.

no way... :(. saw him play with the reformed isb (minus williamson) around '03 and it was great. a legend.
I saw them (with Williamson and his wife) in the Olympia a year or two earlier but I don't think I really knew who Palmer was at the time, I only start listening to his solo stuff later. As far as I recall his contribution to the gig was fairly low key apart from his solo spot in the middle. It was a good gig.

but i'm wondering if the "why?'" question will be answered.

Yeah, it just seems to be a case of drunk driving plus speeding.

They haven't said how much he had to drink - but it sounds like a lot. Plus he was driving on an unfamiliar road at 106mph/171kmh.

Why he was out at all though, seems to be completely unanswered. Maybe just lost?

part 4 today.
beagan was drunk driving - more than 300% over the limit, with cocaine also found.
driving on a motorway at 106mph is foolish. doing it at night on an N road you're not familiar with is suicidal.

part 4 today.
beagan was drunk driving - more than 300% over the limit, with cocaine also found.
driving on a motorway at 106mph is foolish. doing it at night on an N road you're not familiar with is suicidal.

Very moving story.

Sounds like he got a strop on him from the drink.

Very moving story.

Sounds like he got a strop on him from the drink.
agreed. something doesn't stack up though - seems like the journo was trying to insinuate something about the discrepancies in the statements of the hotel manager (pity he wasn't at the coroner's inquest) vs. beagan's girlfriend. we're only left with suspicions.

agreed. something doesn't stack up though - seems like the journo was trying to insinuate something about the discrepancies in the statements of the hotel manager (pity he wasn't at the coroner's inquest) vs. beagan's girlfriend. we're only left with suspicions.

Pure speculation but you could see them having a fight and him fucking off.
She either didn't remember or wants no involvement in it.
i.e. If she tells him to sling it, she's putting him out on the road locked. Easier to play the mystery card.
Anyway.
Just an awful, awful thing.

Speeding should have the same penalties as drink driving.
It's just as dangerous.
i think the cultural battle re: drink driving has largely been won, but speeding is rampant. i do c.50,000kn/year and see it every day, probably every hour i'm on the road. tailgating and overtaking on the solid white line are corollaries too and i invariably catch up with the perp within a few minutes, keeping a constant speed.

i've seen people having a great big laugh about how great drink driving is on facebook recently

i've had people suggest they might be ok to do it every now and again too, i'd to drive a group of friends home from the pub around 4 a.m. without a proper license (UK provisional not applicable in ireland) last christmas after the drunk owner reckoned he might be ok to do it since there were no taxis to be had

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back