peak burrito? (1 Viewer)

Agreed! I'm not a fan at all. But I think its because I'm all about the salsa, and love Pablo's salsas.

Why do you think it is shit?
Thought the meat was a bit poor and flavours were non-existent. How do you make a bland burrito?

How about 777, they don't even DO burritos.
I haven't been there yet. Went to go in for lunch a couple of years ago when my daughter was tiny and the music was blaring so I went somewhere more middle aged.

El Grito is the best but I never get burritos from there as their tacos are unbelievable.

Has anyone come up with a donut/taco combo? That that could be the new fad.

I only ever get the chicken and It’s quite flavoursome. And I’ve never found their grub to be bland. Are you a big smoker or hater of salsas or something?
Not a smoker and love salsas. Their salsa (I don't remember which ones I tried) leaves a lot to be desired. I do remember that their guacamole looked a bit grim and had zero taste.

I will say in Boojum's defence, Mama's Revenge and Zambrero are both far worse (actually gross as opposed to bland). I haven't had @Unknown Convict's but I'm hoping my invitation to dinner is forthcoming.

Not a smoker and love salsas. Their salsa (I don't remember which ones I tried) leaves a lot to be desired. I do remember that their guacamole looked a bit grim and had zero taste.

I will say in Boojum's defence, Mama's Revenge and Zambrero are both far worse (actually gross as opposed to bland). I haven't had @Unknown Convict's but I'm hoping my invitation to dinner is forthcoming.

we arent going to agree on Boojum.
but ill believe you about the other two

I lived with a lad in minneapolis who was a bit wired for a few years and used to rob sheets of prescription medication from work and take the whole thing for 'the craic'. He came in lamped one night, opened a can of re-fried beans, fried them, cooled them and then fried them again so he could have re-fried re-fried beans in a burrito.

I lived with a lad in minneapolis who was a bit wired for a few years and used to rob sheets of prescription medication from work and take the whole thing for 'the craic'. He came in lamped one night, opened a can of re-fried beans, fried them, cooled them and then fried them again so he could have re-fried re-fried beans in a burrito.
the pedant in me wants to point out they were re-fried re-fried re-fried beans, or triple-fried if yr artisan.

the pedant in me wants to point out they were re-fried re-fried re-fried beans, or triple-fried if yr artisan.

The pedant in me wants to point out that refried beans aren't actually re-fried. The name comes from the Mexican word "refritos" which means very fried.

fritti fritti fritti

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back