Rock and Roll Motherfucker2 5th and 6th of Jan 2007 (1 Viewer)

brianoak

In no particular order,poster and nights bands are playing soon.Any bands with preference of a certain night pm me asap...even if you have already..I have forgotten.Sorry,very busy at the moment.

Sea Dog

695825289_m.jpg

It was a dark and stormy night. We were standing on the deck. The ship was sinking. The captain said to me: 'Tell me a story my son' and so I began...

Having played gigs with Comets on Fire,Sunn O))) and the mighty Threads to name but a few,these stab city rockers are flying the torch for real deal rock and roll up and down the counry this year.Think Kyuss molesting Karma to Burn with Lizzy videoing it and your close.

www.myspace.com/deadseadogs

Slomatics

484438928_l.jpg

"I'll have mine in C with a large heavy riff to go"....

Need no introduction.
Heavy Rock...played with too many amazing bands to name and blew many off the stage.

www.myspace.com/slomatics

Your New Friend(now Smoke N Thunder)

689013322_l.jpg

"Faolan and I tried to start this band ten years ago. We wanted to do a hardcore band that sounded like Gorilla Biscuits. Then we started listening to 1980s radio rock, met up with John and it all went downhill from there... Tadhg "

Anyone who missed these dudes in Dublin with exploded face a while back needs to rethink their priorities in life.Rockin band.

Large Mound

845176023_l.jpg

Large Mound used to be about the music. These days Large Mound is mainly about the amount of guitars they can reasonably get away with using. They've moved away from the 'heres a riff, heres a song!' philosophy that marked Anthony's early 4 track dabblings, but the basic goal of mainly downstroke rock has remained the same. They're trying to work 3rd and 4th riffs into songs this weather though.

Theres been 7" singles and split singles, the odd compilation contribution and two full length albums, Raised on Rock in 2002 on Julius Geezer Records and Go Forth And Amplify on Scientific Laboratories in 2004. There's been some line-up changes too, but the band have never had to look far to find new players.

Taking most of 2005 off save for a few Canadian dates and a slot opening up for Mudhoney in Dublin, Large Mound are back with new songs and a monster new drummer in 2006. There'll be another album out this year and as many gigs as we can manage with some more UK dates planned.

Photo is from last Rock and Roll Motherfucker.

"Aside from being masters of brevity, the beauty of Large Mound comes from the fact they are obviously former metal kids having a laugh while playing at indie rock. How do we know this? Well it's obvious from their mighty riffs, witty lyrics, the complete lack of pretension to their craft and the fact that in their liner notes they credit the guitar solos in each song to the axeman responsible, just like Slayer used to (and probably still do)."
David Roy, The Irish News.

www.largemound.com
www.myspace.com/largemound

Bebop and Rocksteady

523567022_l.jpg

Bebop and Rocksteady play a blend of fifties rock and blues.They are a two piece and have been playing around Dublin for the last while.One of the best bands I seen last year.

www.myspace.com/bebopamprocksyeady

The Last Call

696219982_l.jpg

The Last Call are a fuzzy,heavy,D.U.M.B band from Cork,Ireland.
The have been compared to stooges and dead kennedys sound wise.

www.myspace.com/thelastcallishere

El Bastardo

879886683_l.jpg

Having done a split seven inch with Slomatics and a full length coming out(out??) on Rimbaud records el bastartdo have been busy over the last 2 years.Featuring a new line up with memeber from both Capatain Insano and Hope is Noise,El bastardo will not disappoint.

www.myspace.com/elbastardo

The Ghostwood Project

603617452_l.jpg

Photo by RSJ who posts here.

road records said "...sounds at times like a more rocking mogwai with some of the epic moments of godspeed and the off tune avant rock of sonic youth" and our myspace says "Hello, we are The Ghostwood Project and we're from galway ireland. we play loud, heavy music. we formed in the summer of 2004. We played our first gig in january and its been going pretty good since then with us sharing the stage with the likes of electric eel shock, jape, rest, antiproduct, giveamanakick, the redneck manifesto and the highlight so far has been tour support for iforward russia!"

www.myspace.com/theghostwoodproject

Spook of the Thirteenth Lock

481861616_m.jpg

The Spook is Allen from Holy Ghost Fathers/ Ballroom of Romance. Named after a poem about a haunted canal lock, the Spook plucks banjos and twangs guitars. He yelps, drones and hums songs about dead revolutionaries, partisans and haunted cobblestone streets. Live the Spook plays solo with guitar banjo and effects or as a band with Enda Bates aka Fairlights (bass), and with Donnchadh Hoey (gutiar) and Brian O'Higgins (drums) both of the late great Steerage

Terrordactyl

Moody and atmospheric kinda post hardcore vibe,cant believe I used that word:) .
New band with members from Puget Sound,Apostles amongst others.Jill assures me there will be songs up soon.

1470532141_l.jpg

www.myspace.com/thedactyls

www.myspace.com/thespookofthethirteenthlock

Also the non myspacers and lack of websiters

Infinite Shurikens

Straight up fast rock and roll featuring member of De Novisimmus(no doubt spelled wrong) and Complan.

Boneyard Witch

Having being described by some annonymous person as sounding like early Nirvana meets black flag.These dudes play fast heavy rock and roll and feature ex Serpents and current Oak and Stolen Pony members.

Decapitated Jasus and the tits of Doom

First outing for this band that features everyones favourite edger xsteox and Bob from Lungs.

Expect everything..|..|

The Coffin

Another first outing,big amps,big riffs,heavenly harmonies.Members of Oak,ex-Serpents,Jimmy Cake,Tremors and Lungs.

Also on Friday night we are combining the gig with Rock Jihad who's D.J's will play into the small hours.

"Rock Jihad was set up as a direct response to the lack of good clubs in Dublin. We haven't managed to change that, but we're having fun. Currently we're on the last Friday of the month. We're changing to the first Friday of the month in January 07. Our present residence is in the basement of the International Bar, Wicklow st. Dublin 2. We don't charge in, but we take a collection for equipment when everyone's drunk. "

www.rockjihad.com
www.myspace.com/rockjihad

1465786376_m.jpg

Heres a lovely poster.

And on Saturday night Bullets + others will be D.J'ing after the bands.

Deadly thats everything.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A little taster of an infinite amount of ninja throwing stars...

!ninjaaaa

some oak footage from the last one

slomatics footage of "Celeste"

Friday-

Smoke and Thunder(previously your new friend)
El Bastardo
Large Mound
Lungs(replacing the coffin)
Boneyard Witch
Spook of the thirteenth lock
Decapitated Jasus and the tits of Doom

And Rock Jihad dudes playing out the night afterwards

Saturday-

Slomatics
Sea Dog
Ghostwood Project
The Last Call
Terrordacty
Infinite Shurikens
Baby Dave(replacing Bebop and Rocksteady)

Bullets will play out the evening with a tasteful selection of all our favourite hits.

not the running order seeing as half the bands are travelling.Running order will be decided on the night.

First band will be on at 8.00 pm sharp so if you can try get down early and support them as the Voodoo is a big aul place when its empty.

i am too hungover to move nd i have no money at all. sorry guys, was lookin forward to seein the lads from the ghostwood project play. hope last night and tonight were stormers. have a beer for me.

twas a good night sea dog were great for a second time and slomatics were as good as ever. terrordactyl surprised ,e and were really really good!

Seadog were as always, spot on. Slowmatics brilliant again. Andy Fogarty is a deadly dj! Got us all dancin. fair play to anyone who danced near us, wouldnt have blamed ya for runnin. Still get a kick out of watchin headbangers.
It was as all a bit Eircore down there so it's back to the thumped lifestyle thread for me.

that was funny
some guy got up on stage and goes
"i'm out of my mind"
we shook hands and he tried to start scratchin a 7 inch

"No..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back