Pay-To-Play Gigs: The Artists’ Perspective (1 Viewer)

The last thing I'll say about this is thus:
Alex, try not to slag other bands in interviews...
I'm not a Jimmy Cake fan (sorry jimmy cakers) but making derogatory comments about them to convince people that they should be listening to Morello is just bollix and makes you sound like a dick...

I'm shure your a nice guy and diddent mean it, just be careful is all...

Ian said:

jaysis that sounds a bit mafioso-ish...

'you slag da cake, you might wanna start watching out. no pressure, you know? just that you might end up with the concrete underpants at the bottom of a lake somewhere. capiche?'

Ian said:
The last thing I'll say about this is thus:
Alex, try not to slag other bands in interviews...
I'm not a Jimmy Cake fan (sorry jimmy cakers) but making derogatory comments about them to convince people that they should be listening to Morello is just bollix and makes you sound like a dick...

Ian, I see your point but I don't agree, sorry. I didn't slag anyone and didn't do any derogatory comments, I've explained what I meant three (!!) times in this thread, the last only 5 posts ago. Since you're not stupid, if you didn't get it by now it's because you don't want to get it. And if you think I said that "to convince people that they should be listening to Morello"... ah come on that's just silly

Anyway if this thread was fun, now it's just pathetic, let it go

Alex said:
Ian, I see your point but I don't agree, sorry. I didn't slag anyone and didn't do any derogatory comments, I've explained what I meant three (!!) times in this thread, the last only 5 posts ago. Since you're not stupid, if you didn't get it by now it's because you don't want to get it. And if you think I said that "to convince people that they should be listening to Morello"... ah come on that's just silly

Anyway if this thread was fun, now it's just pathetic, let it go

..I'm still havin fun. that "be carefull stuff" is just classic..concrete boot for you all mmwwwahha.

the jimmy cake are fookin magic
normal people like the jimmy cake pffh
only weirdys and coollys like the jimmy cake

i know this has gone on long enough and long may it continue
but why on earth would someone think someone was making music to be cool rather than to enjoy it or make music you enjoy listening to
it doesnt make sense to me

people only smoke to look cool
you and i think were cool
alex thinks he looks cool in a stanley kubric film

..do you know what I think is funny..all the big long retorts and whatnot..why do you give a shit what the people here think? telling people to stop posting wont help either..thats and invitation to keep doing it.

here's a question though
what indicates a healthy music scene?

is it
(a) loads of people going to gigs?
(b) loads of people making interesting music?

i don't think there's a right answer as such but i know which one alex would choose (a) and i know which one i would choose (b).

conor said:
here's a question though
what indicates a healthy music scene?

is it
(a) loads of people going to gigs?
(b) loads of people making interesting music?

i don't think there's a right answer as such but i know which one alex would choose (a) and i know which one i would choose (b).

..there is the gauntlet thrown down mercilessly(jeepers that word is hard to spell)

I'll be honest. After post 122 or so, I stopped reading. So this post looks out of place. Like a kebab stall on the banks of the Ganges. Or something.

Now look here. I would just like to state that the reasons people like music are as numerous and diverse as people themselve. Two common reasons put forward however are 'it makes my brain all tingly' and 'it makes my ass all shaky'...Unless you get a "wet arse", in which case you can stay off my dancefloor.

The Jimmy Cake, for me, do both.

So I'm not quite sure what I'm arguing, only to say that music has been bogged down by a need to define for so long, and it's never too helpful (except the genre specific areas in record shops, ill admit its handy then, as is alphabetical order).
And secondly, the Jimmy Cake give me a "wet arse".

ox
TDT21

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back