PAVEMENT at Tripod - full details - onsale this Friday 9am (1 Viewer)

4580964230_aab0cc037a_b.jpg

Go on, pick yerselves out of the crowd

There I am just out of shot on the top left of the frame beside the girl who nearly fell off the balcony a couple of times.

Enjoyable bullshit free gig. Saw a dude wearing a Pavement 1995 tour t-shirt - how bad must that smell?

Malkmus was not into this at all - zero interaction with the other lads in the band, apart from cutting short any banter and looking bemused when the others were crackin jokes or whatever.
otherwise the tunes were great..just a shame to see SM treating the gig as if it was a chore.

Malkmus was not into this at all - zero interaction with the other lads in the band, apart from cutting short any banter and looking bemused when the others were crackin jokes or whatever.
otherwise the tunes were great..just a shame to see SM treating the gig as if it was a chore.

in fairness, he often gives that impression at SM + Jicks gigs. and as the gig went on he got more into it. there's a load of wonga involved in this tour (everything used bar the house speakers were brought by pavement) so i'd be very surprised iof the tour doesn't get finished even if he has to drag himself on stage every night.

it'll def get finished alright..too much cabbage at stake for them..and isnt this what these tours are all about?
maybe we'll get the ATP presents Pavement performing Slanted & Enchanted? this money making machine has the legs to go for quite a while I would imagine..

That was bloody amazing.

Musically, it blew their 90's Dublin gigs out of the water. A few flat/muddy moments (Spit on a Stranger fell on its arse) but so many highlights. Debris Slide, Give it a Day, Frontwards, all the Slanted stuff...

Malkmus is always super-cool and detached onstage, I didn't think he was particularly 'not into it' last night.

Gig nearly didn't happen, as per Jim Carroll on his blog ...

"Malkmus and Mark Ibold (I think it was him) only got in very late yesterday after an epic trip. They flew Portland to New York to find their flight to Dublin was off. They then flew to Manchester, got a train to Liverpool and got the ferry from Liverpool. They must have been knackered!"

Fucking volcano.

Gig nearly didn't happen, as per Jim Carroll on his blog ...

"Malkmus and Mark Ibold (I think it was him) only got in very late yesterday after an epic trip. They flew Portland to New York to find their flight to Dublin was off. They then flew to Manchester, got a train to Liverpool and got the ferry from Liverpool. They must have been knackered!"

Fucking volcano.

But it did happen so f*ck you volcano god!

Also I thought Malkmus got into it fairly well, he was pulling nice shapes at the end.

A total hit and miss fest, but the hits hit hard.

Malkmus was asleep for practically the whole gig - Mr Ibold seemed to cope with their hellride to Ireland much better. Also, he wasn't stoned off his face.

On the other hand, Bob N is a legend, a total band/crowd motivator. All the stuff where he was screaming down the mic was epic. Malkmus even cracked a grin during Conduit For Sale. Also, his wife is a doll. Respect.

Missed The Mound due to no one on the door having a clue what was going on. "Large wha? There's a band called Pavement playing tonight, d'ya mean them? No? Ah, well there's another band on before, they'll be on at 8:30pm."

Went for dinner. They definitely were not on at 8:30pm. Moral of the story? Pack sandwiches.

Also, check out this BS:

http://electricwhipcrack.blogspot.com/2010/05/gig-review-pavement-tripod-dublin-may.html

Does anyone have a setlist for this gig? I'm getting excited about seeing them in the London next Tuesday!

They played these songs, not necessarily in this order:

1. Silence Kit
2. Elevate Me Later
3. Frontwards
4. Father to a Sister of Thought
5. Rattled by the Rush
6. Shady Lane
7. Two States
8. In the Mouth a Desert
9. Unfair
10. Give it a Day
11. Date w/IKEA
12. Fight this Generation
13. Lions (Linden)
14. Kennel District
15. Grounded
16. Range Life
17. Gold Soundz
18. Cut Your Hair
19. Summer Babe
20. Debris Slide
21. No Life Singed Her (? perhaps I imagined this one)
22. Spit on a Stranger
23. Stereo
24. Starlings of the Slipstream
26. We Dance
27. Trigger Cut
28. Conduit for Sale!
29. Here
30. Box Elder

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back