PAVEMENT at Tripod - full details - onsale this Friday 9am (3 Viewers)

i heard something about Villagers..

If it means that Pavement have to cut their typical set length I hope that's not the case. Given that Pavement have been playing 30 song sets and Tripod have that 10:30 curfew I'd much prefer that they were given the time to be able to play that many tunes rather than have it curtailed because of the notion that there "should" be a support act. I haven't enjoyed Villagers any of the times that I've seen them play but I'd feel the same way if it was a band that I really like too.

i heard that a few weeks back and havent seen anything mentioned anywhere since, so maybe it won't happen..it would be stupid for them to cut into Pavement's time

Being ahead of the curve is important man, even if it's being first in with the backlash.

totally, like, i preferred the album he'll release this year to the second album that he'll release in a few years time.

Grand then. So what's the story with support?

from Friction PR:
Villagers have been added as Special Guests to the Pavement live show bill in The Tripod, Dublin on Tuesday 4 May

The legendary Pavement make a welcome return to Ireland hot on the heels of the release of Quarantine The Past: The Best Of Pavement (Domino).

Villagers release their début album, Becoming A Jackal on 14 May in Ireland (approximate stage time 8.30pm)

The bill for the night is completed by Dublin’s Large Mound (approximate stage time 7.45pm).

There's a lesson to be had here. If you write a song about somebody, record and release it, you eventually get to play a gig with them. Expect to hear a bunch of our latest new songs at this - "Mascis", "Cuomo", "Mustaine", "Young (A)", "Young (M)", "Young (N)" ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back