parents who can't say no (1 Viewer)

I'm loving this tangent

tangent.scream.jpg

My flatmate went to the Welsh Mountain Zoo yesterday and I've just been looking at the pictures. La La I reckon you'd love it; arctic foxes, sea lions, pole cats, pine martins etc etc.

La La said:
might end up with a child like this

Beaut7.jpg

this can't have been photoshopped, can it?
poor kid. jaysus. she's only 5!

you're taking photo of context
it was a paternity test show

michelin-man.jpg

he claimed he wasn't the father. dna said otherwise.

I thought this was going to be about spoiled children. Pity.

Fat children though, I see big girls in school that eat the same as every one else , and then there are skinny girls who eat two muffins a day and a large roll with chicken and mayonaise and still remain a size 8 with no excersise. I wish obesity on these girls in later life.

But spoiled children any of you ever look at my super sweet 16? God the sheer angry I feel watching that.

Imagen crying because daddy wont buy you a new lad rover and your only 15/. :mad: "oh my god my like party has like oh - my - God cost us like 500,000 dollars and your not getting an invitation cause like your not cool"

And the best one ever is when some guy wanted Guns and Roses to play at this girls party..

Roisin said:
I thought this was going to be about spoiled children. Pity.

Fat children though, I see big girls in school that eat the same as every one else , and then there are skinny girls who eat two muffins a day and a large roll with chicken and mayonaise and still remain a size 8 with no excersise. I wish obesity on these girls in later life.

But spoiled children any of you ever look at my super sweet 16? God the sheer angry I feel watching that.

Imagen crying because daddy wont buy you a new lad rover and your only 15/. :mad: "oh my god my like party has like oh - my - God cost us like 500,000 dollars and your not getting an invitation cause like your not cool"

And the best one ever is when some guy wanted Guns and Roses to play at this girls party..

Everyone's metabolism is different, but of course, sometimes the pudgy kids end up healthier adults because they have to think more about what they eat from an earlier age. I was kind of a chubby kid (even though I was always very active), and I ended up much healthier as an adult because I'd already gone through the various struggles with weight by the time I reached adulthood, and really learned to enjoy exercise, and make it an important part of my life that isn't just about weight at all. And some of those people who were naturally skinny haven't a clue how to eat properly, and hate exercising because it seems like an arduous task they have to complete. I'm not skinny, but I know how to take care of myself because I learned really young that I'd have to. So those skinny girls might not end up obese, but they might not be healthy because by the time they have to start thinking about it, they'll have too many bad habits. Chances are, the bigger girls will be fine because they eat normally. Even if they don't end up skinny, they'll be healthier in the long run. Not everyone is meant to be skinny, but that's not the message we all get from society. People seem to think that being overweight symbolises a lack of self-control. Sometimes it does, but often, it doesn't. Paying too much attention to a child's weight problem can sometimes compound it, and cause them to obsess about food, which can actually result in more serious weight problems in one direction or another.

Sadder even than obese people was the fact that I counted at least three severely anorexic middle-aged women when I was buying fancy makeup in BT the other day. The anorexic dowager type is really tragic, possibly even more so than the anorexic teenager. Seriously, though, I don't know what it is, but I've noticed a lot more quite obviously anorexic women of all ages around Dublin lately. Not just skinny, but really, really sick-looking. I remember when I first moved to Ireland, I felt like people were less obsessed with weight than in the US, that there were fewer extremes here, and that a wider range of natural body types were just accepted as normal, but that seems to be changing. A lot more really obese kids (though still far, far fewer than in the US), and a lot more sickly-looking skinny people, who obviously need help.

RE: My Super Sweet 16. Haven't seen it, but only because I don't have cable for the very reason that I become easily addicted to crap like that.

egg_ said:
I've been wondering about metabolism. If you can eat more than the average without putting on weight, you must either have a higher body temperature than average, or a less efficient digestive system.

Yeah, and I also wonder why it is that sometimes, I can eat way more than the average person and not gain any weight, and sometimes the very opposite happens. I don't think a metabolism can change so frequently, especially given that it's not a 'thing', or a single organ, but a factor of a number of bodily organs and processes working together. I don't know much about this stuff, but I imagine that while 'to metabolise' is to process food (or booze or drugs, or whatever else you put into your body), an expert would insist that there is not really such a thing as 'a metabolism', and to talk about it as if it exists as an entity is to miss the point. So you're probably right (and being more sciencey than I, you probably know more than I do anyway), that it's to do with body temperature or digestive systems, or whatever. But there's also having a less efficient digestive system, in that the body can sometimes retain food waste for a long time, resulting in bloating which can be mistaken for real weight gain. Which is why people think colonics or detox diets help you 'lose' weight, when really, they just flush out stuff that wasn't doing anything in the first place.

There's also the fact that people with food allergies and intolerances may lose or gain weight because of them, but that they may still not be absorbing the nutrients they need. For example, an undiagnosed coeliac may lose tons of weight and look really skinny no matter what he or she eats, but not be digesting any of the food properly because of the damage being done by gluten. They may be labouring under the delusion that they have a 'fast metabolism' (whatever that is) when really they have an undiagnosed and quite serious (if untreated) problem.

I eat alot but pretty healthily too. I'm 6'1" but I can't get my wieght over 11 stone. I've been a veggie for about four years but even before then the heaviest I was was about 11 3/4 and that took alot of effort and weight training.

The body temperature thing sorta makes sense for me in that I've never felt the cold as much as most people I know.

For example I can kayak in mid-winter in one one under fleece thingy when everyone else is wearing wearing at least two and used to scuba dive in a surf wetsuit.

Always put the weght down to a fast metabolism and the warmth down to being lucky, never thought they'd be linked. Cheers for that egg.

Anyone see Heat (or one of those ones) where Jordan "revealed" that her kid is 5 years old and has gotten so big that he wears the pants of 16 year olds!! Its madness how people can allow this to happen (even what Pete posted there can be limited by looking at what the kid eats)

On another note I got Supersize Me last week in The Guardian and since then I've actually been looking at the nutrition details of food and some of them are just shocking..

Gambra said:
Anyone see Heat (or one of those ones) where Jordan "revealed" that her kid is 5 years old and has gotten so big that he wears the pants of 16 year olds!! Its madness how people can allow this to happen (even what Pete posted there can be limited by looking at what the kid eats)

her child has allegedly been riddled with health problems since he was a baby. his weight is not due to being overfed.

La La said:
her child has allegedly been riddled with health problems since he was a baby. his weight is not due to being overfed.
I'm sure I heard her saying that when he was a baby, all she fed him was poppadums! Or maybe it was nachos. Something like that anyway...

But yeah, spoilt kids make me sick. I saw one excerciseing his "pester power" in Supermacs in Nenagh the other day. He was looking for money and going "pleeeease pleeeese pleeease!". Fecks sake, I never would have done that as a kid, cos I knew it would'nt work. Little feckers annoying me after Limerick lost the match... :mad: :mad: :mad:

these people with their genetic obesity and their whatchamacallthem syndrome - how come they're all from america and britain where junk food is prevalent? hmmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back