parents who can't say no (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
might end up with a child like this

Beaut7.jpg

this can't have been photoshopped, can it?
poor kid. jaysus. she's only 5!

Doctor: Your child is severely obese.

Mother: It's just baby fat.

Doctor: Baby fat?

Mother: From all the babies she eats.

Ba-dum-tsssshhhhh.

Actually, that's just really, really sad. What's especially sad is that people who are that obese -- especially kids -- are often also malnourished. How sad is that?

it's terrible.
i think parents need to understand that ascerting the 'no' in certain situations isnt a bad thing. yes, their child may kick and scream, wouldnt they rather have a kid who appreciates getting a treat as opposed to one who is fatally obese because they were given them whenever they wanted one?

that's probably Prader-Willi syndrome rather than bad parenting.

Some time between the ages of one and four years, children with PWS begin to show a heightened interest in food and in severe cases develop what appears to be an insatiable appetite, so that they will try to obtain food by any means possible. The degree to which this occurs varies considerably between individuals, but there is always a preoccupation with food in play and talk. This can be helped by good management, dietary control and educating the child about his or her diet. However, if energy intake has not been carefully monitored, weight gain is rapid; hence, a lower calorie diet (energy controlled regime) is essential throughout the person's life. An appropriate exercise programme helps to keep weight levels down and also improves muscle strength. If weight is not controlled, fat accumulates in a characteristic way on the buttocks, stomach, lower trunk and thighs. Children with PWS are generally placid and friendly, but may begin to exhibit stubborn or obsessive behaviour, and outbursts of temper if they cannot get their own way or are denied access to food.

There was a documentary on Channel 4 a while back about it. Incredibly sad.

pete said:
that's probably Prader-Willi syndrome rather than bad parenting.

There was a documentary on Channel 4 a while back about it. Incredibly sad.

yeah, i saw a documentary on that syndrome. it may well be, in which case, it's pretty much out of the parent's hands. but if it isn't, jaysus.

La La said:
i saw a program on animal planet 2 days ago where these hawks had chicks. one killed the other in a survival of the fittest type way.

No wonder they're endangered and stuff. I'm gonna write to the WWF and complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back