Pan's Labyrinth (1 Viewer)

I recommend it

Very dark, original and thoroughly believable (even though it's a fantasy!)

It has the baddest bad guy in a film ever. One of the best films I've seen in ages.

yeh i'm looking forward to seeing it; sounds great. The only other of his I've seen is Cronos.
must also check out the 'devils backbone' - I hear great things about it.

Saw it last night too.

Brilliant, really great. Although i may have accidently hit the girl in front of me jumping at a particularly scary bit. Had to run out quick smart at the end in case i knew her.

As this threadstarter, I must admit my shame. I still haven't gotten round to seeing this yet!!! Will make every effort to see it this weekend. I had tickets for a show last weekend, but was, erm, waylaid by other, ahh, entertainments!!

eventually went on Saturday. Huzzah!! A great film, thoroughly enjoyable - what a great central performance from the girl who played Ofelia. Wonderful stuff. Pretty violent and heartbreaking in equal measure. Even better, it got moved from squishy cinema 2 into cinema 1!! Will have to go again. Highly recommended.

nothing to add here- i loved it too

but I must takre this opportunity...

See this guy..

panslabyrinthint1.jpg

He looked a bit clumsy as he was chasing her didnt he?

I reckon he had poor hand-eye coordination

thank you

thank you

Much darker than I expected and at times extremely violent.
Looked amazing, there are still scenes stuck in my head from seeing it last weekend. Go see.

Great Film - loved the parallels between the fantasy world and the real one. Very imaginative monsters/creatures too.

I expect great things from Del Toro - at once stage he was meant to do a version of Lovecraft's Mountains of Madness - unfortunally i think it's on hold but of all the directors I think he can really do the story justice.

Oh and I also got to see The Devil's Backbone over Christmas! Great, great film. Brilliantly written and directed; great cast of youngsters. But all youse have probably already seen it. Think I'll have to work my way through the rest of his movies now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back