Owen Wilson attempts suicide. (1 Viewer)

what if you jumped off a building and landed on a trampoline?

A then landed on a group of clowns!
Actually what would you call a number of clowns together

pack of clowns ?
circus of clowns ?
bunch of clowns ?
alley of clowns ?

mad news alright, bit like his brother in the royal tenembaums, celebs are there inner demons......crazy

he didn't have a brother in the royal tenenbaums???? he was the kid that lived across the street ???? an only child as far as i can remember???

without sounding like a big girl's blouse, I have to say the joking about it isn't actually that funny at all.

I say that if you live your life in the media, make millions of dollars appearing in blockbuster movies lapping up the love of millions around the world then people are entitled to take the mick.

I'm sure noone is actually happy that he attempted suicide.

diver.jpg

Owen Wilson attempts Triple Lindy

Horseshit.
Just to expand, yeah you can take the mickey out of paris hilton going to jail or andy dick throwing up on himself in a gay bar, but someone trying to kill themselves, regardless of who it is... What's the funny side of that? I don't know anybody who attempted suicide who says "when you look back on it, it's kinda comical".

Just to expand, yeah you can take the mickey out of paris hilton going to jail or andy dick throwing up on himself in a gay bar, but someone trying to kill themselves, regardless of who it is... What's the funny side of that? I don't know anybody who attempted suicide who says "when you look back on it, it's kinda comical".

what if Hitler tried to kill himself by eating whoopee cusions?

I will reiterate, I don't think anyone here is happy he did it. I know I'm not. I didn't crack a suicide joke myself. I just think when you are a worldwide celebrity you can't expect the same decorum from people when things go bad.

agree to disagree?

I think there are certain people whose relentless courting of celebrity means that the public are entitled to take the piss in almost any situation (though whether it's right personally to do so is another matter). I wouldn't put anyone in that bracket just for being a really successful actor, though. I'd say you only merit inclusion if you're a ruthless media whore.

I think there are certain people whose relentless courting of celebrity means that the public are entitled to take the piss in almost any situation (though whether it's right personally to do so is another matter). I wouldn't put anyone in that bracket just for being a really successful actor, though. I'd say you only merit inclusion if you're a ruthless media whore.

Totally.

The sad thing is that sometimes people become ruthless media whores because they're tragic to begin with. I think a lot of people found it hard to laugh at Anna Nicole Smith after she died because it suddenly became so much clearer that while she courted the attention (because that's how media-hungry people make money), it was a circular system. The more fucked up she got, and the more she did shit out of a craving for attention, the more attention she got, and vice versa.

So even then, it's sad. I know she didn't commit suicide, but as a tragic figure, like.

i'd be careful about marking topics off limits for humour, but i don't think think celebrity should have any basis for where the limits lie.

i'd be careful about marking topics off limits for humour, but i don't think think celebrity should have any basis for where the limits lie.
i don't think anyone's talking about making anything "off limits", but the very fact that people are allowed to joke about suicide means i also have the right to say said jokes are immature at best.

i guess unless you know someone who's done it, or tried to do it, there's a good chance that you don't know how stupid it is to joke about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back