Owen Wilson attempts suicide. (2 Viewers)

i guess unless you know someone who's done it, or tried to do it, there's a good chance that you don't know how stupid it is to joke about it.

Well....it wouldn't be good to assume what people do or do not know about, in life or whatever, based on what they say here......yeah, I don't think so anyway....the idea of that, I don't like it, tbh. It can lead to bad things.

Also, I'm sure this has come up before, but what is a joke about suicide and what is a joke about everything else in this conversation? The internet, gossip, celebrity, etc. etc. I think the difference is significant, but I don't really know about that, not enough to start preaching about it anyway. Not that I'd want to preach. But yee know what I'm getting at.

Well....it wouldn't be good to assume what people do or do not know about, in life or whatever, based on what they say here......yeah, I don't think so anyway....the idea of that, I don't like it, tbh. It can lead to bad things.

Also, I'm sure this has come up before, but what is a joke about suicide and what is a joke about everything else in this conversation? The internet, gossip, celebrity, etc. etc. I think the difference is significant, but I don't really know about that, not enough to start preaching about it anyway. Not that I'd want to preach. But yee know what I'm getting at.
actually, i don't know what you're getting at...are you drunk?

No, not at all. I just don't want to get into a big debate that no one would be able for(incl. me).

But I think everyone has a fairly good idea of what they're doing in this thread. I doubt there's any real malice intended. I would be surprised if there was anyone here who has been untouched by suicide.

No, not at all. I just don't want to get into a big debate that no one would be able for(incl. me).

But I think everyone has a fairly good idea of what they're doing in this thread. I doubt there's any real malice intended. I would be surprised if there was anyone here who has been untouched by suicide.
i get ya, but like i said earlier...the right of folks to poke fun at suicide is perfectly balanced by my right to call them on what i see is bullshit. i simply find it hard to believe that anyone could make a joke about it if they were in any way familiar with it. just my opinion, obviously.

now go to bed adebisi-seanc, it must be closing in on 11pm there...tsk tsk.

i get ya, but like i said earlier...the right of folks to poke fun at suicide is perfectly balanced by my right to call them on what i see is bullshit. i simply find it hard to believe that anyone could make a joke about it if they were in any way familiar with it. just my opinion, obviously.

now go to bed adebisi-seanc, it must be closing in on 11pm there...tsk tsk.

Heh. Indeed it is late. Hence my reluctance to make any real points. I do and say stupid things on the internet late at night.

What is it? I can't bring myself to look.

Normally quoting this sort of crap is way beyond the pale but having only looked for three seconds on google I don't think I'm pointing anything out that anybody else couldn't find if they wanted to.

Admin/Pete feel free to delete if posting this is out of line.

To: alt.suicide.holiday
Date: 26 Dec 1997 16:35:19 -0000
>Forget the wrists. Go for the artery around the blood
>donating vein on the inside right of the left elbow or
>inside left of right elbow. Have a few drinks (eases
>pain and yuck factor), tie a rubber band or a hair
>thingy tightly around your upper arm, take a razor
>blade and just nick about 1/4-1/2 inch deep. I sort
>of accidentally discovered this while cutting. Didn't
>take long for one cup, two cups of blood to literally
>pour out. I did this a few times.
I tried the elbow thing about eight years ago; I stabbed with a knife rather deeply at the inside of my elbow, where the pulse beat is strongest and actually visible, and did believe I'd be able to slash the artery and bleed to death. I probably missed the artery completely, but damaged my elbow joint, it's hurt until now. And I didn't lose much blood, either.

Who the fuck are these people? This sort of stuff goes on for several pages.

Hang on, if you are alive and able to give advice about killing ones self on the internet, surely by definiton of you being alive, you're not very good it?

Normally quoting this sort of crap is way beyond the pale but having only looked for three seconds on google I don't think I'm pointing anything out that anybody else couldn't find if they wanted to.

Admin/Pete feel free to delete if posting this is out of line.

To: alt.suicide.holiday
Date: 26 Dec 1997 16:35:19 -0000
>Forget the wrists. Go for the artery around the blood
>donating vein on the inside right of the left elbow or
>inside left of right elbow. Have a few drinks (eases
>pain and yuck factor), tie a rubber band or a hair
>thingy tightly around your upper arm, take a razor
>blade and just nick about 1/4-1/2 inch deep. I sort
>of accidentally discovered this while cutting. Didn't
>take long for one cup, two cups of blood to literally
>pour out. I did this a few times.
I tried the elbow thing about eight years ago; I stabbed with a knife rather deeply at the inside of my elbow, where the pulse beat is strongest and actually visible, and did believe I'd be able to slash the artery and bleed to death. I probably missed the artery completely, but damaged my elbow joint, it's hurt until now. And I didn't lose much blood, either.

Who the fuck are these people? This sort of stuff goes on for several pages.

it depends wether you actually intend it to do it or if it's a cry for help

Like this -

So i was watching Hogan knows best the other day and i was surprised to see that Hulk Hogan is still wrestling...with the english language!! haha...ahhhh i kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back