Overstepping boundaries? (3 Viewers)

Hayworth, I'd be delighted if my flatmates did that!
I always find when I'm doing exams I want to tidy up but know it's just dossing/procrastinating so don't and the place ends up a complete mess. I'd love if someone tidied up and filed all my notes away, it normally takes me months because I'm so wrecked after the study and all. I bet she'll be happy.

You can always say
"I thought it would be nice to be able to sit at the table to eat so I moved your computer, hope you don't mind. I would have asked you but had people over for dinner while you were away so I moved it then. "

Technically she should go halves on the things you bought if they enhance the place. OR at the very least the shower curtain (a neccessity).

And I'd go with what Pete said, if she's not impressed you have her on the rent increase!

I lived in a house in which someone left out notes. I cried myself to sleep the first night. How oh how, did I manage to land on a house with 'note people'. Yellow stickies on the milk cartons and all. after several years living in shared accomodation, I can now say that 90% of people out there are bonkers! I once lived in a house in Killarney that had a revolving door policy of at least one mentaller a month.

One guy attempted suicide, by taking a shit load of xanax, then rang for the ambulance himself, just before slipping into a coma.

One girl listened to River Deep Mountain High (Celine Dion version) twelve times in a row one day, top volume.

Another girl broke the couch riding her biker boyfriend, then pretended it was always broken

Another dude was caught spying in the keyhole of the bathroom while one of the girls was relieving herself.

And then there were the 'hide in the room' types. Scurrying about like ghosts. Nipping into the kitchen, filling a bowl with cornflakes as fast as possible in case of the terrifying ordeal of meeting another human, then retreating to the bedroom, for what? four or five hours of solitude before sleep? filling in a diary? serial masturbation?

And all the while, I sat on in the living room, doors open, telly on, trying to act as welcoming and normal as possible...

And then there were the 'hide in the room' types. Scurrying about like ghosts. Nipping into the kitchen, filling a bowl with cornflakes as fast as possible in case of the terrifying ordeal of meeting another human, then retreating to the bedroom, for what? four or five hours of solitude before sleep? filling in a diary? serial masturbation?

And all the while, I sat on in the living room, doors open, telly on, trying to act as welcoming and normal as possible...

Since i moved into my current place there's been four different people exactly like that come and go. On the rare occasion that they have stopped to chat tho they've seemed normal and friendly, i can't understand it all i'm only ever in my room when i'm asleep

Since i moved into my current place there's been four different people exactly like that come and go. On the rare occasion that they have stopped to chat tho they've seemed normal and friendly, i can't understand it all i'm only ever in my room when i'm asleep

Yeah, it's sad. And once the habit is established, you find it exceptionally hard to get to know your housemates, whether it be for better or worse. I know what you mean, a house is for living in, a room is for sleeping in. I need a clear distinction from my place of work, my place of living/relaxing and my place of sleeping. sure everyone spends some time in their room, but its these people, who literally cook some shitty ten minute boil in the bag instant dinner and actually take it into their room with them at 7pm and disappear...

Thing is, not everyone sees your Urethra Franklin Ballet as "welcoming" or "normal".

What about when I am doing my LizMcDonald (from Coronation Street) workout DVD? Do you think that might have put them off?

The people I live with now are a sound unit. Everyone open, chipping in, having the craic, and not afraid to tell someone if somethings amiss. i.e. turn off that fucking shite I want to watch the news

people, who literally cook some shitty ten minute boil in the bag instant dinner and actually take it into their room with them at 7pm and disappear...
That's me, though i generally make dinner at around half six for an hour, then head to the room to watch a movie or two. Flatmates are rarely around and if they are i'm just not interested in hanging out with them, they're nice and all but one's humourless and the other talks way too much. Preferr to hang out in my room watching movies or playing xbox.

cereal masturbation?

I, for one, can't wait for the thrilling conclusion of this saga, we're nearly there folks. Edge of the seat stuff.

It would be edge of the seat stuff, but i believe she's moved that seat from where it used to be so that it's more accomoadating for two people to savour edge of the seat moments.

Well, she wasn't home when I left for work so I left a note. It went something like this...

Welcome Home!

Hope you enjoyed your trip and got a chance to relax from all the stress of your exams. As you can see, I took the liberty to slightly rearranged and clean a bit. I hope you don't mind. I neatly stacked all your books on the shelf, outta sight, outta mind, right? Let's just say I had a lot of time on my hands over the last week. :)
I also accidentally broke the kettle while trying to clean it, so I bought a new one.

If any of this is problem, please let me know. I hope I didn't over step any boundaries....oh and here's my share of the rent for October.

Yeah, a note saying 'here's the rent' is grand I suppose, but anything beyond that..and well, is it not better bringing it up in conversation? Notes always sound condescending no matter how hard you may try to make them sound jocular or benign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back