Overstepping boundaries? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, a note saying 'here's the rent' is grand I suppose, but anything beyond that..and well, is it not better bringing it up in conversation? Notes always sound condescending no matter how hard you may try to make them sound jocular or benign.

I suppose I didn't want to her to be completely shocked and think, 'damn this girl thinks I am a dirty cow', kinda thing. I was trying to make it no big deal. I will totally bring it up when I get home but not leaving a note would almost seem worse to me. Who knows. Maybe she will move everything back before I get home. That'd be funny.

It's not like I removed her added touches to the place. Everything that is there was there from the start. The girl has not added any personal belongings but books, notebooks, post-its and her computer. I mean she didn't even have a shower curtain or bathroom rug and she has been there 2 years? That's just strange, no? I nearly killed myself by slipping on the wet floor. I know, I'm just rationalizing now.

Welcome Home!

Hope you enjoyed your trip and got a chance to relax from all the stress of your exams. As you can see, I took the liberty to slightly rearranged and clean a bit. I hope you don't mind. I neatly stacked all your books on the shelf, outta sight, outta mind, right? Let's just say I had a lot of time on my hands over the last week. :)
I also accidentally broke the kettle while trying to clean it, so I bought a new one.

If any of this is problem, please let me know. I hope I didn't over step any boundaries....oh and here's my share of the rent for October.
Man, if someone left that note for me i'd spend the next two hours painting the walls with my own shit.

Man, if someone left that note for me i'd spend the next two hours painting the walls with my own shit.

Fuck. I thought I was being nice. I should mention, before she left she said she never wanted to see her books again. She was counting down the days to get out and relax. After a week of her exams she mentioned burning them...hence the outta sight, line.

Fuck. I thought I was being nice. I should mention, before she left she said she never wanted to see her books again. She was counting down the days to get out and relax. After a week of her exams she mentioned burning them...hence the outta sight, line.

She'll think you're just too fucking lazy to burn them.

I'd say you'll be grand. Bring home a nice apple-tart and lots of cream and split it.

She'll think you're just too fucking lazy to burn them.

Dear Roomy!

PICTURES OF THINGS BELONG WITH THE THINGS THEY ARE PICTURES OF

etc, etc, etc...

Well, it was black inside. I scrubbed the hell out of it. I must have been too rough because after I got it back to nearly white it wouldn't work. It was a cheap one anyway. I don't think it was hers.

you know what would really be good? if you left the receipt for the kettle beside the note and tell her she can give you the money anytime. :)

Cut the old kettle up into pointy pieces, stick them together in a circular way, and wear it as a crown. This will remind the flatmate who’s *really* in charge.

you know what would really be good? if you left the receipt for the kettle beside the note and tell her she can give you the money anytime. :)

I would never do it. I am the crazy OCD one. Any money I put into cleaning or adding falls on my shoulders. I would NEVER ask her for money.

Well, it was black inside. I scrubbed the hell out of it. I must have been too rough because after I got it back to nearly white it wouldn't work. It was a cheap one anyway. I don't think it was hers.

to be fair she does sound like a mess, and I should know I'm one too... she probably wouldn't even notice if you hadn't left a note, she'd just assume she lost her computer or it's under a book or something...

Okay, I am starting to worry about you folks. This is not on the edge of your seat drama here. You all need to get out more. ;) She isn't home yet, so I ripped up the note. Now I am just waiting and watching bad TV.

Okay, I am starting to worry about you folks. This is not on the edge of your seat drama here. You all need to get out more. ;) She isn't home yet, so I ripped up the note. Now I am just waiting and watching bad TV.

If she gets in an starts ranting and raving you should ask her to hold on for a second so you can tell people off the internet what's happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back