Overstepping boundaries? (1 Viewer)

Have a huge party in the gaff the night before she arrives back so ye can tidy the place up together, or at least while she's there. That way she'll feel part of the process.

thumped costume party is go!

official confirmation right there

I don't think you went too far. Sometimes when someone has been in a place for a while they don't see just how dirty it is. Re-arranging things so that the place is usable for both of you seems reasonable to me. She might be a bit surprised but she sounds incredibly selfish - actually, reminds me a lot of the one and only girl I ever shared a place with.

Nobody should end up having to live in their bedroom, or unable to use the sitting room or kitchen.

while i think what you have done is perfectly fine, i doubt she will see it like that.

her "you should have discussed these changes with me first"
you "you should have discussed the rent increase with me first"

you win

yes because the foundations of a happy living situation
are definitely based on tit-for-tat getting the last word in
arguements within the first month of living together.

you probably have gone a bit far. wouldn't have hurt to
wait till she got back to discuss it.

i love how everyone here immediately jumps in with "YO
FUCK DAT BITCHHH!!!!", when if her housemate posted
here and gave her side ("nutso new roommate just changed
the entire house while i was on holiday...uhhh??") you'd
also all go "YO FUCK DAT BITCHHH!!!!"

oh you people! god love yis!

yes because the foundations of a happy living situation
are definitely based on tit-for-tat getting the last word in
arguements within the first month of living together.

you probably have gone a bit far. wouldn't have hurt to
wait till she got back to discuss it.

i love how everyone here immediately jumps in with "YO
FUCK DAT BITCHHH!!!!", when if her housemate posted
here and gave her side ("nutso new roommate just changed
the entire house while i was on holiday...uhhh??") you'd
also all go "YO FUCK DAT BITCHHH!!!!"

oh you people! god love yis!

shut up. nobodys interested in your moralising.

a friend was sharing a gaff with this dude and the guy was a clean freak.....he'd get home from work and make the same lidl meal every evening and then take an hour long shower and go to bed at 10pm. He'd then get up at about 5am and (loudly) clean the kitchen and start re-arranging furniture (even tho the place was never messy!), then he'd have another hour long shower and go to work at 7am - having usually woken up everyone with his antics.....:eek: every second weekend he'd fly home and the house would have some peace!!

Okay, I admit I probably went a bit too far but it could have been worse. I really want to replace all the bins so they match the rooms they are in but I haven't. I also would love to buy new plates, bowls and mugs (that match) but I didn't. Food just does not look appetizing on old flowered plates. Plates should be white. I even bought a shower curtain that matches the towels she leaves in the bathroom. I am hoping that she has just been so busy the last two months she hasn't bothered to pick up -- which is understandable, I suppose. I just feel I have gone above and beyond being a nice house mate so a few little changes wouldn't be too bad. Hell, since I moved in I have only listened to my music with headphones so I didn't disturb her studying.

I figure I will leave a nice note welcoming her back and say, "I took the liberty of moving a few things to make it more suitable for two but if you don't like it, we can always change it back." Seriously, I don't see how anyone would but ya never know. I even gave her the lower shelves (for food) since she is shorter than me and never asked for more space in the shower. I have all my stuff on one little corner and I have never seen so many hair/body products for one person. *

I am trying to look at the bright side:

Food looks icky on old mixed-matched flowered plates = I won't eat so much. Nightclub plays awful music for businessmen til all hours of the night = I will go out more.

*Well, I have never see Georgie's place and I suspect it might rival.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back