Orhan Pamuk wins Nobel Prize for Literature (1 Viewer)

Bellatrix

Has this been mentioned yet?

I haven't read much of his stuff apart from My Name Is Red, which I loved, and a couple of articles he wrote for the New Yorker.

I guess between this and not going to prison, he's having a pretty good year.

Just heard this today, I was really disappointed with Snow, found it unreadable...
Havent read My Name is Red yet.

I have tried unsuccessfully to read My Name is Red. about 4 times now, as everyone keeps telling me how great it is. I actually have 3 copies as I keep being bought it as a present. Unfortunately it has been consigned to the unreadable pile.

however, have started reading Snow, and am quite enjoying it.

Just heard this today, I was really disappointed with Snow, found it unreadable...
Havent read My Name is Red yet.

i agree with you about snow, i had about 40 pages to go before the conclusion but had lost the will to finish it. found it an endurance.

this book was so boring I wanted to kill myself while reading it. instead I just stopped and read something I enjoyed instead.

I have tried unsuccessfully to read My Name is Red. about 4 times now, as everyone keeps telling me how great it is. I actually have 3 copies as I keep being bought it as a present. Unfortunately it has been consigned to the unreadable pile.

however, have started reading Snow, and am quite enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back