Opinions on this amp please! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 5
Well now thats interesting Steve....because I just said it to me Da(who would'nt know a Sovtek from a Sputnik)that I was looking at this and he said..."What,is it not a Marshall?..what are you at?"He especially balked when I said it was less than premium amp...and he's fairly cheap so....

And I was gonna go,yeah you're right fuck it.I'll hold out for the real thing....but you have changed all that..€320 is fuck all as well....

Apparently they are on the heavy side alright

well,having never had a tube amp up till 3 weeks ago..I dare say I'm gonna prolly love it either way

Yeah,I'm sure it'll sound fine,acceptable whatever,but will it really sing? Like if you're not 100%,how long wil it take you to recoup the money on it?

You're da is right too,it's not a Marshall.

Ahh now you see..thats what I'm talking about..I want an amp I can make sing.....I'm not gonna rush into this so

if you can, try it out at volume. you'll know pretty sharpish if it'll work for you. and steveamanakick always has great guitar tones, so if he says its a good amp, it probably is.

Being a peavey, it will be heavy as fuck. But that also means its built like a tank.
Its a nice enough amp but if yer going down the second hand route you'll get a deadly amp at a good price if you hold out and keep looking. There's tons of people selling good guitar heads on adverts.ie all the time, often at crazy low prices as they want rid of them.

Sounds like you want to get an amp you'll be happy with for the long term and wont be looking to replace in a year or two. If thats the case, yer better off saving yer cash and keeping an eye out.

I got this lad a couple of months ago with a flightcase for 400 blips. Got it off a lad who played in a wedding band, it was in perfect nick, total bargain.
laney-vh100r.jpg

Con..that is an excellent post and thank you..its made my mind up..I'm gonna do as you say and wait till MR.RIGHT comes along!

And by waiting my funds will increase with each passing dole day therefore increasing my chances of getting something AWERSOME!

those laney are criminally underrated amps. the 50 watt and 100 watt head pop up on adverts all the time.

Really?I never really thought Laney were a decent make....must investigate

I think a 50 watt head is what I'm after so I can drive it without decimating the punters ears

Nope mine's is a 30. That's quite steep a price for a Windsor imo and especially so in the current climate. I'd wait it out for something nicer.

At the same time the Windsor is based off the Marshall JCM800 which is a classic and I've heard some great stuff about the Windsor. I just think you'd get a better head better built for around the same price.

turn it up make your ears bleed then get the chlorofoam out and travel to the inbetween dimension. hahahhaha

Being a peavey, it will be heavy as fuck. But that also means its built like a tank.
Its a nice enough amp but if yer going down the second hand route you'll get a deadly amp at a good price if you hold out and keep looking. There's tons of people selling good guitar heads on adverts.ie all the time, often at crazy low prices as they want rid of them.

Sounds like you want to get an amp you'll be happy with for the long term and wont be looking to replace in a year or two. If thats the case, yer better off saving yer cash and keeping an eye out.

I got this lad a couple of months ago with a flightcase for 400 blips. Got it off a lad who played in a wedding band, it was in perfect nick, total bargain.
laney-vh100r.jpg

Really?I never really thought Laney were a decent make....must investigate

I think a 50 watt head is what I'm after so I can drive it without decimating the punters ears

You played through my one of these at a gig in the Tap aaages ago and, if I remember, you thought it da bomb- the 50 watt version is a stone cold classic aswell. Here, if you're gonna be around Phibsboro any time gimme a shout and you can try them both at the practice space

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back