Opinions on this amp please! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 5
Anyone have any thoughts on BUGERA heads?

I'm tempted by the jcm900 clone http://www.thomann.de/ie/bugera_1990.htm

TBH its fairly fucking cheap and theres a recession on and I need to get my arse in gear..I do not want to play another show without my own 100w(min) amp...

they're behringers line of tube amps. supposed to be decent, but it's still essentially a behringer amp, hence the price. i remember being quite surprised seeing someone quite famous using a bugera combo at a gig and it sounding really nice.

i'd say it's a decent option.

I AM SORTED!!!!!!JUST GOT THIS BAD BOY!!! €400!!! New Valves n all!!!Got it off a bloke up the road..literally 750 metres away from the gaf!!!

179623_174136542628807_162318487143946_353512_3822341_n.jpg

YEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Deadly buzz, suppose I'll have to figure out how to afford that Superbass now.

yo moose when we going to pick up yer new axe?

Saturday avvo is good for me afaik....lets git it onnnnn

Cool I'll get on to the lad and tell him it's a goer so. We can discuss the finer details at practice on Friday. Also picking myself another phaser at the weekend. EHX Nano Small Stone for 30 bucks.

Fucking amp is fucked.....needs new power tubes and all sorts....yer man said he'd take it back...I'm fucking gutted.

GUTTED

Well,Martin Nolan says the valves were never replaced so yer man lied to me,so thats not great.The input is dodgy(which I was happy to accept and get fixed).....

He says it'll cost 200 to put right....

source the valves yourself, you'll save money, and then just get martin to install them and give the amp the once over. should save yourself a load of money.
get a matched quad of these:
http://www.watfordvalves.com/product_detail.asp?id=842

go back to the guy you bought it from and see if you can get €50 back, if he's a dick about it, he's a dick. that amp is still a great deal. you'll be up and running in no time.

shit buzz though.

I took yisser advice..the amp stays!

HOLY FUCK I am gonna rock the fucking fuck out of it ....to fuck.

Next time I replace the valves I'll get those ones.

source the valves yourself, you'll save money, and then just get martin to install them and give the amp the once over. should save yourself a load of money.
get a matched quad of these:
http://www.watfordvalves.com/product_detail.asp?id=842

go back to the guy you bought it from and see if you can get €50 back, if he's a dick about it, he's a dick. that amp is still a great deal. you'll be up and running in no time.

shit buzz though.

He won't fit other people's valves, can't give them any guarantee.

He won't fit other people's valves, can't give them any guarantee.

that's bollocks if it's a cathode biased amp then it's essentially self basing and you just pop those bad-boys in and away ya go!
you can't guarantee valves anyway,like I said they're akin to light-bulbs,these things just go sometimes

Marty gauranteed the valves...he gets them off Marshall.He gave her a clean bill of health.Fuck Yeah!

Edit..I asked him about replacing the valves with spurious ones offa the net.He said no,it would have to be biased..which he was happy to do.

I did not know that he was the official Marshall tech in Ireland.I had a very interesting convo with him.Having never before owned a valve amp he gave me the down low on how to treat it etc...plus two of the old valves still had a bit of life in em so he gave me them with instructions on how to fit them in an emergency.

I'm a happy little rocker tonight yo!

I just noticed yer sig there Mel..haha....still good for a laugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back