Not Mani People Criticise The Stone Roses (2 Viewers)

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...roses-confirm-gig-cancellations-201110194437/

Stone Roses confirm gig cancellations
19-10-11
MANCHESTER t-shirt vendors The Stone Roses are to reform for a new series of concerts they won't turn up to.

This is the one we've waited for them to cancel at the last minute
It has been 15 years since the La’s tribute band last disappointed thousands of fans by cancelling a show at the last moment because they were convinced their arms had turned into a brace of live trout.

Stone Roseologist, Wayne Hayes, said: "People are really looking forward to their lengthy conversations with Ticketmaster about refund policies, which has to be more enjoyable than seeing the band up close these days because they currently resemble an Altrincham Jobstart course for unemployed zombies.

"Not so much 'Made of Stone' as 'Made of Bits of Gristle and Tracksuit'."

Venues are already being scouted for the group to not play the two-dozen songs they managed to grind out during their 28-year career and it is felt that demand could be inexplicably high enough for them to fill the whole of Wembley Stadium, with the obvious exception of the stage.

Hayes said: "While their inevitable failure to turn up might be disappointing it will be a veritable Woodstock compared to paying eighty quid to watch Ian Brown shuffle and mumble his way around the stage, shaking his head like a nursing home resident refusing to take a bath.

"It's just possible that their legacy as a live act has something to do with the fact it coincided with an era when most of the audience contained enough Ketamine to drop a rhino."

The group will promote the not-tour with a four track EP of aimless wah-wah guitar, set for release on holographic 12-inch some time in the early 2040s.

I too went to that Beck/Seahorses gig at Dublin Castle, only to see The Seahorses.
As it happened, I was disappointed by them and thought Beck was amazing.
Thus ended my John Squire fascination.

Apparent tour dates

Thu 28 June Heaton Park, Manchester
Fri 29 June Heaton Park, Manchester
Sat 30 June Heaton Park, Manchester
Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool
Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London
Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London
Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow
Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland
Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast
Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London
Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar, Barcelona, Spain
Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain
Mon 23 July Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
Wed 25 July Futurshow Station, Bologna, Italy
Thur 26 July Datch Forum, Milan, Italy
Sat 28 July O2 World, Berlin, Germany
Sun 29 July Color Line Arena, Hamburg, Germany
Tue 2 Aug Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
Wed 3 Aug Spektrum, Oslo, Norway

Apparent tour dates

Thu 28 June Heaton Park, Manchester
Fri 29 June Heaton Park, Manchester
Sat 30 June Heaton Park, Manchester
Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool
Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London
Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London
Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow
Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland
Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast
Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London
Fri 20 July Espacio Movistar, Barcelona, Spain
Sat 21 July Palacio de Deportes, Madrid, Spain
Mon 23 July Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
Wed 25 July Futurshow Station, Bologna, Italy
Thur 26 July Datch Forum, Milan, Italy
Sat 28 July O2 World, Berlin, Germany
Sun 29 July Color Line Arena, Hamburg, Germany
Tue 2 Aug Globe Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
Wed 3 Aug Spektrum, Oslo, Norway

Good info.

Are any of these venues less than massive?

Apparently the dates are a bit off but the venues are right, I think Slane is down there as being the Oxegen weekend and on a Friday?!?!?

From what I can tell they are all enormo domes or festivals.

anyone look for tickets? I did for the crack, though had no intention of buying one. Something I'd never seen before happened. Cheeky fucks added in some mp3 album to the order for an extra 12 quid. Said I'd be able to drop it from the order before paying, but I was never given the option. Unbelievable pack of chancers.

hah, it didn't sell out after all that frenzy. I just did a search again now and guess what, no mp3 album.

fuckin chancers. They probably made loads of money when people were panic-buying this morning. Not sure whether its the promoters, the band or ticketmaster who are responsible for this but its bad form.

I bought a ticket at 8am this morning, the mp3 link was a separate drop down menu, didn't have to remove anything.

I fully realised that it was probably my browser that wouldn't let me remove it from my order. I still reckon its cheeky though. People will be in a bit of a panic and will end up buying it without realising it. Who goes to ticketmaster to buy mp3s anyway?

If you're brave enough, have a listen to this forgettable shite

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would have been excited for something like this about 20 years ago.

But yeah, rubbish

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back