Nollaig Noodles (1 Viewer)

Buzzo

Website
www.iprt.ie
Right folks, This Sunday, Front End Synthetics and all our buddies would like to invite you to what promises to be a whole lot of fun. On an unprofessional note, it's my birthday that day, come celebrate with me. Fresh. .|..|
DJ talent on the night is Karla Fakearms.

"NOLLAIG NOODLES"

an ALL IRISH six label showcase featuring:

T (dratpak)

H E R V (compactrisc)

D E S T R V K T (cfour)

T H A L A M U S (the alphabetset)

S P E C T A C (front end synthetics)

T H E F E A R B O A R D O F D I R E C T O R S (the fear)

Christmas time is a time where everyone gets together and be happy, so we figured that 6 of the nations best electronica/breakcore/partybeats labels/collectives should get together and host a massive party, something which has never quite been attempted before! (well besides the mor festival, but that was different!)

This party coincides with the release of spectacs new album "Rabbid", and the new Herv album "Snap Hands" on compactrisc and the recent release of the amazing bass-heavy Dratpak Soundsystem compilation album.

date: Sunday 21st December

Venue: The Village

Time: 8 - 2

Price: 10 tickets available only on the door.

hag said:
that's a pretty nifty birthday party you got goin' on there, ms. dermody.

mmm hmm. Fanfare for a relentless Christmas. Always is. Starts on the 21st and somewhere between there and the 28th falls Snakes of Desire day, Christmas Jumper Day, New Lord of the Rings Day, Christmas Day and evacuate mates and clean the house up before the flatmates get back from holidays Day.
Bring it on.

new lord of the rings day?
aoifed said:
mmm hmm. Fanfare for a relentless Christmas. Always is. Starts on the 21st and somewhere between there and the 28th falls Snakes of Desire day, Christmas Jumper Day, New Lord of the Rings Day, Christmas Day and evacuate mates and clean the house up before the flatmates get back from holidays Day.
Bring it on.

Also, don't want to show off, (and although this may mean little to some people, to me it's like been given a gold star by your favourite teacher) but Warp records Highly Recommended Spectac's new album- they said:

"Finely wrought and intricately clever little album, a brand new work and the latest offering from the increasingly fine Irish label Frontend Synthetics. Following on from earlier successes this year, in the shape of new work from Planet Mu favourite Ambulance (which proved deservedly popular with the Warpmart massive), the label are back with a fine effort which is receiving quite a bit of airplay on Warpmart FM at the moment.
Reminiscent in some ways of 'Richard D James' era Aphex, 'Rabbid' fuses all kinds of musical reference points with little regard for stylistic boundaries. Thumping, melting BoC-like synth lines are joined with crashing acoustic drum-lines and buzzing melodies to create the quietly epic 'archangular', but elsewhere the mood is lighter, even slightly cheeky. 'Finger Battery' has the slight air of bad-castle level on early Mario games, only a good deal more twisted. Elsewhere, the distinctly rural and folky touch, already hinted at by the lush green on the smart picture sleeve, is developed into a distinct, homegrown sound. Much of the album sounds like it has grown of it's own accord in the woods at night, emerging spectre-like from the shadows. But if it is a ghost, it's certainly a friendly one.

aoifed said:
Also, don't want to show off, (and although this may mean little to some people, to me it's like been given a gold star by your favourite teacher) but Warp records Highly Recommended Spectac's new album- they said:

"Finely wrought and intricately clever little album, a brand new work and the latest offering from the increasingly fine Irish label Frontend Synthetics. Following on from earlier successes this year, in the shape of new work from Planet Mu favourite Ambulance (which proved deservedly popular with the Warpmart massive), the label are back with a fine effort which is receiving quite a bit of airplay on Warpmart FM at the moment.
Reminiscent in some ways of 'Richard D James' era Aphex, 'Rabbid' fuses all kinds of musical reference points with little regard for stylistic boundaries. Thumping, melting BoC-like synth lines are joined with crashing acoustic drum-lines and buzzing melodies to create the quietly epic 'archangular', but elsewhere the mood is lighter, even slightly cheeky. 'Finger Battery' has the slight air of bad-castle level on early Mario games, only a good deal more twisted. Elsewhere, the distinctly rural and folky touch, already hinted at by the lush green on the smart picture sleeve, is developed into a distinct, homegrown sound. Much of the album sounds like it has grown of it's own accord in the woods at night, emerging spectre-like from the shadows. But if it is a ghost, it's certainly a friendly one.
oh! congrats! i didn't see that. well done!

and...

*kflang*

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back