thinking of getting a Hot Rod Deluxe (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 112
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
Theres loads to be had used.

But..are they D A Y C E N T for R O C K

0BxC5HoxlIKJSc3BvdDVnX1pnUGc

probably

Hello pete!

What are your feelings about combo amps?

howya!
good amp,
also im sure you could hook it up to a 4x12 if needs be
Well,I have the old Marshall on hand if I needed some 4x12 action...but tbh the thought of moving it around puts me off playing...and besides..I have never once had that thing turned up past about 4

I dunno..I just want something handy.

I quite fancy the idea of a 15 or 20 watt head and 2x12 Harley Benton speaker too..and just blow the hole off it.

One way or another I'm in the market for a new amp..big enough for pub gigs ..small enough so I can do the load in and out i one trip..without putting my back out

Well,I have the old Marshall on hand if I needed some 4x12 action...but tbh the thought of moving it around puts me off playing.

I dunno..I just want something handy.

I quite fancy the idea of a 15 or 20 watt head and speaker too..and just blow the hole off it.

One way or another I'm in the market for a new amp..big enough for pub gigs ..small enough so I can do the load in and out i one trip

hot rod delux would do that grand so. bit of weight in it though its nothing on that half-stack setup

I dont suppose one of them Tiny Terrors would cut the mustard?

I just watched a great little documentary on them

I used them a few times in rehearsals. I wasn't that impressed, mainly because I used the channels on amps & the OD channel on the HRD is not good IMHO.

Yeah Ive read that alright. Thats my main concern with them.
I'm a channel hopper myself..although I am just playing through an overdrive pedal into a practice amp at the min and I'm loving it

Id say theyre sturdy but a bit meh sounding on the rock setting.

An AC30 Id say would be the job for me..but I dont fancy humping one of them either!

Are they 10 inch speakers in the HRD as well.
From what I know 10 inchers are good for mainly clean sounds but not so good for distorted sounds. Can get mushy at volume. I'd be go for something with a 12 inch speaker.

The fender bassbreaker might be worth checking out.

One thing about these, They are the go to amp for a few of the sound companies that cover our shows so I end up doing about half my gigs with them. In typical fender style, the lowest volume setting is still really, really loud and while i'm not sure that's an issue for you, in a multi vocal/loads of open mics on stage scenario its a complete pain.

Sound engineer: hey guitarist can you turn that down?
Me: I actually can't, its literally as low as it can possibly go.
Sound engineer: You need to reduce your stage volume its spilling to the vocal mics.
Me: Ok, no problem. (mime's entire set).

I have one too. Should really sell it. (that's not suggesting it's for sale though)

All this talk of the Boss Katana had me on youtube the other day checking them out. Not one single bad review. I like the look of that 100w head with the built in speaker for home use. I'm sure the combo version is just as well reviewed.

As for the Orange tiny yokes. I have the Micro Dark, I love it size but it is fussy about guitars. The Strat works well with it but the SG not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back