thinking of getting a Hot Rod Deluxe (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 112
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4
Ahh man..thats gas.

can I try it out?

No need for any extra overdrive at all

New amp arrived today..! And its absolutely bang on!
Does exactly what I need no messing about.

Big thanks to @moose for the recommendation ..thats two for two on the amp advice!

Heres a photo of the new gig rig!

2HrEXmhH-xm_OpPi7wBRwpU1l4gsOxG9TkHe5RWIdACfI_RU0FW8rsnQES7grwNxr5hLSLZr8XEklHAZKPTGG0RzM7NYVkjfAPJefChLQUJsNGcIkjKLLc8an8S3BcXAn4-AZKuQHCG0f_08T0Mmpg3GFqVaBXAJj2tcZvxWaVX4fOFcY-KbU7odRmxkmrby20pxViFp_S27jzh_4mbLwgZENqTS1y3W2f0aWx90l1nRzbBJWDm45mBlucuxJiOaTercZUtuw8JGSLcP-SVXAEIpAp1h4HTrXqwev_I8sfN2q3AHt5njvnZ9pjC4H6-5UesEDa3fCnLrZ7wDCX8wNv7D2fEstAYjsAq87c-vO5Tq4J36ELXEWiFbUBQfROOPUyWvxkrDb7hSdE86RQINq9hg2OYSCA8JrLBvSqKDUot6888yhGWT37UfSYME3dyJMpF2yqQBO3Tkp9geYoEKUJPZf-9A5tzrPTVh2DUZuNUi5lb8NldDrs6u_kbVeOM2iSrByhlairoPYxsv-DIow_7hGX02vKq4EZJPTjJNDKbmZxi-vmPywAA8XNThSeMwFJiIJXsm5vr4YlcvWrxZS_tvExbM3MIQynswfG8axQ=w550-h733-no

I'm getting a matching extension cab for it ,so it'll be a vertical 2 x12! Half closed half open. Just for the crack like.

Sounds kinda like an AC30 ..I may have to get a rangemaster clone or at least a boost of some kind and go full Rory..but currently its pretty sweet sounding.Could gig with it no problem.

Its surprisingly light as well! The VHT is nearly as heavy

Now I just gotta works on my chops and I'll be raring to go!

Did you get the one with the spring or the digital reverb Gaz?

It looks like the one I have so presuming its spring.

Spring!!

And boy oh boy is it SAWWWEEEETT!!!!!

And I only just bought a reverb pedal to use with the 6 watter.

I'm actually thinking I might sell that amp now,the Laney is in a different class even at just sitting room noodling levels

Spring!!

And boy oh boy is it SAWWWEEEETT!!!!!

And I only just bought a reverb pedal to use with the 6 watter.

I'm actually thinking I might sell that amp now,the Laney is in a different class even at just sitting room noodling levels
You can never have enough reverb.

Curiosity got the better of me and I tried out the 100w Boss head in Walton's today. I had my own SG with me so I used that, I have to say it was pretty effing good.
I'm not an effects guy so I can't be trusted with that side of things but they sounded ok to me.

A nice affordable spare head. If that was what I wanted I'd consider it. But then you're still lugging around a cab. If I was ditching the head/cab thing I'd try out the combo.

Thats very interesting coming from a tone boss such as yourself Anto.

In other news I picked up a Fender Vibro Champ XD to leave in my folks gaf,and I must say..its pretty decent!

Its basicall a 5 watt 6v6 amp with a overdrive/distortion pedal on the front end and some reverb and shit on the back end

Not AMAZING...but good enough to practice on very enoyably.

Easily worth a hundred notes if you see one

Nice!

I got myself a 2005 Stratocaster Deluxe!

Frets are bollocksed on it though so it's getting left in for a refret presently...still sounds fucking unreal even in its current sitar like condition though

IMG_20171020_145942.jpg
Easily! The best sounding guitar I ever played. And you can switch on all the pickups at once,for waht I like call,the juggernaut of rock

That is gorgeous @GO
She's a beaut alright!

Just back from dropping her off at the guitar doctor..he said a simple dressing would work as there was enough meat left on the frets and would save me big rent..I said fuck that man..I need FULL RESTORATION!

Get her back in a week. Gonna be a long fucking week

Got around to purchasing the Pro junior I was talking about last night. Delighted with it so far.

Great amp. Very gigable. You'll still get asked to turn down. Love mine, I;ve own a Blues junior too. The pro is lighter, better sounding, and louder!

Might be of interest to the Blues and Pro Junior owners, I've started making wee volume boxes that go in the effects loop to get an effective master volume control. Passive units so no battery or power required. 20 euro a piece. :)
22814285_10154693115221741_6571483190810074347_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back