No Disco Nostalgia Thread (1 Viewer)

dineen is sorely missed on the airwaves.

Big Time. Remember when he was finishing up saying that he was being replaced by some automated playlist thing. Presume that is still in his old slot. Such a pity. Enjoy when he covers others here and there for a week or two but always thought a big strength of his show was how he could make a tune grow on you gradually over a good few weeks. Hopefully gets back on regular radio at some stage. the 2xfm thing was good but internet radio is a pain in the arse

Big Time. Remember when he was finishing up saying that he was being replaced by some automated playlist thing. Presume that is still in his old slot. Such a pity. Enjoy when he covers others here and there for a week or two but always thought a big strength of his show was how he could make a tune grow on you gradually over a good few weeks. Hopefully gets back on regular radio at some stage. the 2xfm thing was good but internet radio is a pain in the arse
Any time we tune into 2XFM it is nearly always people talking about the "business" and how indie bands are doing x, y and z to make money. I half expect the Coronas to be floated on the stock exhange any day now. And when they do play music, it is generic indie rock. Didn't they used to play a range of stuff? I remember a few years ago tuning in and one of the folks from Stereolab were playing some of their favourite music. What happened to stuff like that?

Any time we tune into 2XFM it is nearly always people talking about the "business" and how indie bands are doing x, y and z to make money. I half expect the Coronas to be floated on the stock exhange any day now. And when they do play music, it is generic indie rock. Didn't they used to play a range of stuff? I remember a few years ago tuning in and one of the folks from Stereolab were playing some of their favourite music. What happened to stuff like that?
oh dear god. is that what it has become? haven't used it pretty much since DD was on it to be honest

The schedule doesn't look too bad. Schedule - RTÉ 2XM

I'd love to hear more of what you're talking about - guest presenters etc.
A bit more like BBC - Radio 6 Music - Home That's a bit of a stretch of course.

Put on 2XM on out of interest just now and they were playing The Fall. "Score!" I thought and then they started playing (according to Shazam) Richard Thompson's "I Feel so Good" which was a total buzzkill. Bowie's on now but it's early 00s Bowie so I'm not fussed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Donal Dineen talks about No Disco, how it started and ended, and why now more than ever a 'new music platform' needs to return. "It's a golden generation for Irish music", "There are so many disenfranchised people of our age who know nothing of what's out there".

"We are beginning a new music show, not like any other show. We want to bring musicians and visual art together in to a space where we can nurture and document each collaboration to create improvised, visceral and organic live performance films. We’ll walk and talk with some of our personal music hero’s, to journey and meet their own music heroes. I think its time that all our passions combined opens a discussion, and we make the best possible effort to help showcase the true and sincere, deep and unearthed network of raw talent in this country, and paint them in the most beautiful light." - Myles O'Reilly

This Ain't No Disco

Episode 1:

(fucking smart arse dual thread titles, might as well put it in the right thread)

presume most folks have seen this at this stage, put online just before xmas. really is great. especially the radie peat and katie kim pieces. hopefully loads more episodes in the pipeline

Episode I

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back