Nialler9 Hates Trad People (1 Viewer)

Re: Music 3.0 with First Music Contact & Jim Carroll

i expected it to be shit but i didn't realise how brilliantly shit it would be, my favourite bit being when you skip 3 mins into the song and they're still doing the same shit in a warehouse

i expected it to be shit but i didn't realise how brilliantly shit it would be, my favourite bit being when you skip 3 mins into the song and they're still doing the same shit in a warehouse

with their hoods up

comments via your social medium of choice.

ea57d6f5e2103cc3199490dfad838477.png

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/05/02/here-come-the-purists/ - it's about halfway down the page.. she has three or four comments, all on the ball. Her parting shot is: "Well I gave up reading your blog because I too got fed up, of listening to the miserable oul fella holding court in the corner." Beautiful.

This is the heart of it. He is miserable. He loves to pour scorn on people and harbour his percieved grivances. He's an embarrassment. Nialler said he's apologised and moved on, but JOC keeps the ugly debacle going to prove some pyrrhic point about 'purists'.

personally i've never forgiven him for leaving thumped off the OTR blogroll

NEVER FORGET

There's a lot of weird assumptions floating around in that debate. For example, the one that places ultimate value on "progress" in music, what's interesting is that which is "new", and trad is stuck in some sort of rut that is needs to get out of, and therefore only becomes interesting when it absorbs outside influences and evolves into something else. Leaving aside the fact that (I imagine) trad has been doing all this for years anyway, why is constant innovation in music assumed to always be a good thing? Maybe if musicians spent less time trying to be innovative and more time trying to be good, then they might produce better music?

Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back