Nialler9 Hates Trad People (1 Viewer)

I got the ticket on paddy's weekend for the first time in ages. I do remember thinking that I'd found out more about stuff going on in the half hour looking at the pages of that than a week on facebook.

But that's more to do with magazines vs social media than The Times itself.

We only really buy the newspaper when we need paper for the compost bin. Got it last weekend and really the world will be no poorer if all of the non-news stuff never gets written at all. Why does everyone who reviews a book need to make it about themselves? And why in particular does everyone who reviews a non-fiction book need to demonstrate that their knowledge of the subject is superior to that of the author?

Can you teach me a bit about this process? I'm building a new one soon.
We don't use plastic binliners, just put a few layers of newspaper in the bottom of our kitchen compost bin as soakage. I know very little about proper composting - I've a few pallets held together with tying wire out the back that I throw food and garden waste into, but it doesn't produce any real usable compost, I suspect cos it's too wet and cold. End result is full of slugs, and lots of things don't really break down.

Mrs. egg_ is just after ordering a shredder and an insulated hotbin to try and improve the situation

We only really buy the newspaper when we need paper for the compost bin. Got it last weekend and really the world will be no poorer if all of the non-news stuff never gets written at all. Why does everyone who reviews a book need to make it about themselves? And why in particular does everyone who reviews a non-fiction book need to demonstrate that their knowledge of the subject is superior to that of the author?

I’m actually finding this to a certain degree with album reviews as well. I’m starting to get a bit of a pain in me hole with overly analytical album reviews that try and find something problematic with every single piece of music. It’s possible that I’m just reading too much Pitchfork.

Its one of the things I'm probably getting boring about at this point, but if the model is to mostly review international albums from PR companies, review things from megacorp type production companies such as beyonce etc as if they were real life solo projects and to only really deal with Irish music if they think its going to make the export market then it was never going to last. The creativity required to make that lot interesting would burn you out before you put pen to paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back