New York (3 Viewers)

I could never find that fucking Bleecker Bobs whenever i was there.
Actually, Tower records in the area around NYU is damn good

That Tower is really good. Take the bus down broadway and its on Broadway and (roughly) 23rd/24th street. Theres another Tower up on Broadway and roughly 66th street near the Lincoln Centre thats really good.

Loads of small little record stores in the east village. The Virgin store in Times Square is great too. Very cheap DVD's.

That Tower is really good. Take the bus down broadway and its on Broadway and (roughly) 23rd/24th street. Theres another Tower up on Broadway and roughly 66th street near the Lincoln Centre thats really good.

No... its not that far up. Its ehh... hmmm about 4th I think. The NYU one that is. There is actually a cluster of shops just in that area. Have a stroll around you will see them. They are sound too. I like to look in there during lunch.

No... its not that far up. Its ehh... hmmm about 4th I think. The NYU one that is. There is actually a cluster of shops just in that area. Have a stroll around you will see them. They are sound too. I like to look in there during lunch.

Yep, you're right. I was mixing it up with something else. You'll see it if you get the bus down Broadway. It's on the left around 4th as Flashback said.
There's a Virgin Megastore on Union Square thats also really good.

Bleecker Street records is about three blocks from the Tower on 4th.

tower records on union sq is pretty amazing.
also theres loads of 2nd hand record stores around st marks place (in and around east 7th street)
also other music which is on east 4th st is kinda like the nyc equivalint of road records.

With tower going out of business, there are some bargains to be had in the stores. EVERYTHING in tower on broadway at 4th st is currently 40% off. They were hardly competitive pricewise to start off with, still a strong euro and 40% off means a few gems are to be found. Jazz section is still reasonably well stocked.

Bleecker bob's is on 3rd st between mcdougal and 6th ave. Etherea on ave a between 5th and 6th (i think - no higher than 6th) isn't too bad. OM and Kim's rule though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back