New York Fuckin' City Maaaaan (1 Viewer)

Anybody know any decent places to stay in Manhattan? Preferably without a honk of piss.

Theres a group of us going for 4/5 days - would we be better off looking for a holiday apartment?

I stayed in the Hotel Carter just off of Times Square when I was there last year. It's kinda run down looking , room ain't massive and the TV is shit. But it's very cheap by NYC standards, the beds are comfortable, there's strong locks on the doors and the water pressure in the shower is great. Considering that I knew I'd be spending almost all my waking hours out of it I thought it was perfect for me and I'd recommend it to anyone that's travelling on a budget.

There's a titty bar underneath it. I don't know if you consider that to be a positive or a negative.

It's even cheaper if you book it ia 1800hotels.com

i just had the best week ever.

power nap first, then i will go about posting pics (those on facebook will have seen most of 'em though). but yeah. weather great, food great........

has anyone noticed that their hangovers are worse over there? two of my friends agree!

Yeah i got back last Friday morning. Amazing city, Greenwich Village is fantastic. Bought a dick load of vinyl. Already looking forward to going back.

Yeah i had a terrible hangover the morning i was due to leave. Not a good combination. Had waves of nausea in the cab on the way to JFK.

power nap first, then i will go about posting pics (those on facebook will have seen most of 'em though). but yeah. weather great, food great........

has anyone noticed that their hangovers are worse over there? two of my friends agree!

Yes.

Also, don;t drink Brooklyn... well anything basically.
I think they put cinnamon in their beer or something. Fucked up.

Can you expand on this shit please.....

Yeah. Getting sponsorship is no joke. You wanna see the shit they went through to get me over.

Emm... can you not get a J1, and then leg it over here, and get a job in a bar maybe? There are a fair few irish places around the Village, and even right down in the financial district. You could give that a lash.

Thing is.. they are all pretty tricky to get around NYC. If you get one though, you will be minted. MINTED I tell ya!

It's the sheer volume of chemicals they put in their booze over there. they haven't got a fucking clue in fairness.

they need to get on board with the Reinheitsgebot.

It's the sheer volume of chemicals they put in their booze over there. they haven't got a fucking clue in fairness.

they need to get on board with the Reinheitsgebot.
is that Reinheitsgebot rule not aload of cobblers these days?
and is there not some amazing American brews on teh market?
what about their Mexican beers there?

It was ruled Illeagal by the EU because they think of it as a sort of covert anti competition law.

Find one that's not got a gallon of preservitives in it and I'll be impressed

what about their Mexican beers there? Never had anything except Corona, which is nice.

It was ruled Illeagal by the EU because they think of it as a sort of covert anti competition law.

Find one that's not got a gallon of preservitives in it and I'll be impressed

what about their Mexican beers there? Never had anything except Corona, which is nice.
ok, im sure corona is to bud is to americans.
and corona is disgusting.
RE: tasty american brews, ask wobbler, he'll know better than me.
all i know of really are these:
sierra-nevada-pale-ale1.jpg

&

BostonLagerPintGlass.jpg

which are both class. not sure of ingredients or preservatives.

Yeah I'm sure there are good ones, Hangover wise I'm just throwing the chemicals in the beer card though. I don't think I had a single hangover in Berlin despite drinking solidly for two weeks, after one night in the Merrion Square in NYC I wanted to die but I was too hungover to pray to die, the knives were out of reach and all the windows were closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back