new weezer album (1 Viewer)

Pinkerton always ends up on the stereo around this time of year. You know when the summer kicks into overdrive and you start pining after every girl who glances at you walking down the street. Jaysus, I sound like a seemy Bulmers ad.

yeah dude, but don't dumb they're all lesbians.

musically its great :)
lyrically is diabolically bad :(

that meadow song is outrageous!
rivers is a da now too! holy shit! next album is gonna be weeeiiirrrdd!

Make Believe soulless? I'm going to play Perfect Situation, This is Such A pity, The Damage in Your Heart and Pardon Me just to make sure we're talking about the same record.

I've said this before but I do believe that they should release a b-sides collection. Some of the earlier outakes were bloody great.

Jamie
Suzanne
Mykel & Carli
I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Drems
You Gave Your Love To Me Softly

Just to name a few....

I've made my own 14 strong bside collection for my mp3 player. Kicks the shit out of the last 4 albums.

.|..|

I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams is probably the best Weezer song every written

Make Believe soulless? I'm going to play Perfect Situation, This is Such A pity, The Damage in Your Heart and Pardon Me just to make sure we're talking about the same record.

one of weezers strenghts i think from the first two albums was that they could put together a ten song record that was strong from started to finish, no crappy filler songs, the last few albums have had a lot of filler. They we're trying to get back to the kind of success with make believe, which they did commercially, but it definitely didn't have anything on the first two albums. it was a patchy record with a couple of okay songs, nothing that would have struck me by the standards they are capable of.

I've said this before but I do believe that they should release a b-sides collection. Some of the earlier outakes were bloody great.

Jamie
Suzanne
Mykel & Carli
I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Drems
You Gave Your Love To Me Softly

Just to name a few....

I've made my own 14 strong bside collection for my mp3 player. Kicks the shit out of the last 4 albums.

.|..|

I did the same, though the second cd on the deluxe version of the blue album nearly got there, had a lot of the great b-sides. remember getting the buddy holly single and thinking it was a pity there was no space for jamie on the blue album.

What do you think of SS2K?

I thought it was sloppy to be honest. Even the stuff that made 'Maladroit' was ropey. I think 'Slob' was the worst song Cuomo ever wrote.

I liked the 'Songs From The Black Hole' stuff. 'Blast Off' is a great tune. Glad to see it on the recent Rivers Cuomo demos cd. The rest of the demos were pretty sketchy.

I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams is probably the best Weezer song every written

Where would one go about getting this song? Without doing much investigation I can see it's on a Japanese import but getting that could take a while.

If anyone has it and fancies uploading it PM me?

Nice one for that gents, the songs a tune fair and true .|..|.|..|

I also love the crowds reactions to hearing Pink Triangle for what I assume is the first time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back