New Manics single (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Instant purchase! There's bound to be at least one song that could've been a post-2000 MSP classic in there somewhere.

Lol oh hey.

@chris d how will I recognize you at this gig?? I'm gonna be wearing a Cyndi Lauper t-shirt or something

Slowdive are popular now. The Manics must be pissed off.
I think about this quite often. My theory is introspective shoegaze and dream pop music fits people who live completely isolated lives, which is a huge amount of young people these days.

Lol oh hey.

@chris d how will I recognize you at this gig?? I'm gonna be wearing a Cyndi Lauper t-shirt or something

I think about this quite often. My theory is introspective shoegaze and dream pop music fits people who live completely isolated lives, which is a huge amount of young people these days.
Well sham.

Not sure, I'm trying to figure out suitable fashion for a 42 year old man. I've been trying the white t-shirt, blue jeans, but I'm not sure if it doesn't make me look like a complete dick.

Lol oh hey.

Hi Lili. We missed you here.

Well sham.

Not sure, I'm trying to figure out suitable fashion for a 42 year old man. I've been trying the white t-shirt, blue jeans, but I'm not sure if it doesn't make me look like a complete dick.
I can't find my Cyndi Lauper t-shirt so you can know me by the T Rex Electric Warrior badge on my lapel. Accost me if you see me (y)

I have a real dread that this is gonna be the stodgiest crowd ive seen in years and I should have just went to CMAT last month but oh well.

(Having said that I was at Jawbox there a few years back and there were in total two women there, one of whom was in the band.)

Hi Lili. We missed you here.
Ah sure listen, I've not really gone anywhere. I was born logged on to thumped and I'll likely die logged on to thumped.

Here is my favorite song from 2023, if you're interested:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Me and @rettucs saw her at electric picnic a billion years ago and she wasn't nearly as good as this.

Last edited:
I was going to go in to see Suede.. The last time i seen them was in 1999.
But, I'd prefer to see em in the Olympia or somewhere similar.
Could be another 25 years before that happens.

I had a look last night and there were some resale ones available.
Don't think I'm going to go though.

Been listening to some of the newer Suede songs and they're a hell of a lot more Noel-rock than the reviews will have you believe. Still, be nice to finally see them live, Brett Anderson looking half the age of every person who will be at this gig.

I get the impression that the Manics are very much a "can we do this one more time?" live-band at this point. I think the last time I saw them live was about 2015?

Been listening to some of the newer Suede songs and they're a hell of a lot more Noel-rock than the reviews will have you believe. Still, be nice to finally see them live, Brett Anderson looking half the age of every person who will be at this gig.

I get the impression that the Manics are very much a "can we do this one more time?" live-band at this point. I think the last time I saw them live was about 2015?

old against the soul?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back