New Manics single (1 Viewer)

I'd say it's a shame neither band have had the liked by Americans and therefore taken seriously afterlife of Pulp and, I dunno, Lush.

Condemned to Rock and Classic Pop magazine readers.

Last edited:
Been listening to some of the newer Suede songs and they're a hell of a lot more Noel-rock than the reviews will have you believe. Still, be nice to finally see them live, Brett Anderson looking half the age of every person who will be at this gig.

I get the impression that the Manics are very much a "can we do this one more time?" live-band at this point. I think the last time I saw them live was about 2015?
Same for me. Last time I saw the Manics was EP 2015. Was also the last time I was at EP

If anyone's in town now, they're doing a soundcheck and belting through a few songs.

*edit Never mind, they're finished. Elbow went on for ages with theirs yesterday.

Enjoyed that, Manics on good form, opened with You Love Us which I always hate live so was good to get it out of the way. Good setlist from a band notorious for refusing to play anything beyond the hits.

Found the choice lyrical cuts on screen for each song quite moving. A Design for Life video full of Union Jacks and miners strike footage a really interesting moment on the grounds of Trinity College. The nerd in me was also enjoying the Motorcycle Emptiness video outtakes being shown.

Suede are very much the Brett Anderson show, the crowd definitely loved them, I enjoyed them. Not mad on some of the newer songs, a bit your mate in college's band you politely nod your head along to imho.

Average age of the crowd felt about a thousand.

I got a little emotional at times. Certainly during This Is Yesterday (which was played much too slow to be fair). But seeing a Holy Bible song played live for the first time in my life was just all too much I guess.

Suede friend got down the front and got to touch Bret while he was gyrating about the place.

Digging Sean Moore's big beard, looking like a Game of Thrones extra.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I enjoyed how they just straight up played Today by the Smashing Pumpkins to wholly acknowledge its influence on No Surface All Feeling. Nice little moment.

Digging Sean Moore's big beard, looking like a Game of Thrones extra.

I enjoyed how they just straight up played Today by the Smashing Pumpkins to wholly acknowledge its influence on No Surface All Feeling. Nice little moment.

Strong beard action from Bradfield during Even in Exile era. But the right decision to keep the beards in the band to one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back