New Manics single (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
I was looking at some interviews from Nicky about where he was talking about reading over Richey's lyrics and going "A. I can never be this good, and B. Look where being this good leads you" and I think he has a point. Been really trying to see things from their perspective.
This is what I said there a few pages back.

sleepy

Website
www.facebook.com
Like whatever about making a great record and rawness, would you ever voluntariy return to the headspace of the holy bible, having been in it?
I can see why you'd do it after the fact to maybe make sense of what was going on during that period. It's probably kind of therapeutic in a way.

Lili Marlene

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Well @chris d here I am, trying Rewind the Film again. It says a lot that I now enjoy This Sullen Welsh Heart, when I first heard it I just thought...

well actually let me see what I said in this thread....

Not a lot, I appear to have given up after the single.

chris d

It's not enough to succeed others must fail. My unhappy mantra I wish I could escape.

That's a good line.

I have started Futurology over the last two nights. I am really digging it. Got a real sense of them giving it a go.

Went and bought the book version of Journal for Plague Lovers off adverts on Sunday night. Cops stopped me on the way home, but didn't ask what I was doing.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
think @Lili Marlene mentioned listening to one of the MSP podcasts (there might be two different ones?) a while back. Any particularly good episodes to check out? I've only downloaded a Lifeblood ep but not listened. Think I tried to listen to the first episode of one recently and just gave up very quickly.

Lili Marlene

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
think @Lili Marlene mentioned listening to one of the MSP podcasts (there might be two different ones?) a while back. Any particularly good episodes to check out? I've only downloaded a Lifeblood ep but not listened. Think I tried to listen to the first episode of one recently and just gave up very quickly.
I mean, no, not really. The interview ones are good I suppose, the most recent interview with Terri Hall is very sweet actually and Simon Price is always good. I've gotten used to it as a banterbanterbanter podcast but don't go there looking for insights.

The other podcast I didn't even last an episode. I see they interviewed Dorian Lynskey on the most recent episode so I might go listen to that.

ilovehoovering

Supporter
Cheers. I listen to so many football podcasts that I am never short of banterbanterbanter content. Will definitely check out the Terri Hall one.

Users who are viewing this thread

We're listening to...

• Hatchback
    Hatchback
    Cochise
    Hatchback

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads