New Manics single (2 Viewers)

I was looking at some interviews from Nicky about where he was talking about reading over Richey's lyrics and going "A. I can never be this good, and B. Look where being this good leads you" and I think he has a point. Been really trying to see things from their perspective.
This is what I said there a few pages back.

Like whatever about making a great record and rawness, would you ever voluntariy return to the headspace of the holy bible, having been in it?
I can see why you'd do it after the fact to maybe make sense of what was going on during that period. It's probably kind of therapeutic in a way.

Listened to Journal for Plague Loves over the weekend. On first few listens I had assumed Virginia State Epileptic Colony was just a reference to the Priory. I didn't know it was a real, incredibly grim, place. No wonder Richie didn't last, if this is the stuff he was obsessing over.

Virginia State Colony for Epileptics and Feebleminded - Wikipedia

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well @chris d here I am, trying Rewind the Film again. It says a lot that I now enjoy This Sullen Welsh Heart, when I first heard it I just thought...

well actually let me see what I said in this thread....

Not a lot, I appear to have given up after the single.

It's not enough to succeed others must fail. My unhappy mantra I wish I could escape.

That's a good line.

I have started Futurology over the last two nights. I am really digging it. Got a real sense of them giving it a go.

Went and bought the book version of Journal for Plague Lovers off adverts on Sunday night. Cops stopped me on the way home, but didn't ask what I was doing.

The book version doesn't have the secret track, Bag Lady.

Thanks a lot you idiots.

think @Lili Marlene mentioned listening to one of the MSP podcasts (there might be two different ones?) a while back. Any particularly good episodes to check out? I've only downloaded a Lifeblood ep but not listened. Think I tried to listen to the first episode of one recently and just gave up very quickly.

think @Lili Marlene mentioned listening to one of the MSP podcasts (there might be two different ones?) a while back. Any particularly good episodes to check out? I've only downloaded a Lifeblood ep but not listened. Think I tried to listen to the first episode of one recently and just gave up very quickly.
I mean, no, not really. The interview ones are good I suppose, the most recent interview with Terri Hall is very sweet actually and Simon Price is always good. I've gotten used to it as a banterbanterbanter podcast but don't go there looking for insights.

The other podcast I didn't even last an episode. I see they interviewed Dorian Lynskey on the most recent episode so I might go listen to that.

Cheers. I listen to so many football podcasts that I am never short of banterbanterbanter content. Will definitely check out the Terri Hall one.

@chris d

WTF look at this new press shot. Worst JDB haircut ever

New_press_shot_slide.jpg

God I dunno about that Ann, did you hear their centrist dad anthem? It's a good piece of music but jesus man, it's like a drunk and despairing 3AM tweet thread

Tell tale plugs? Tell me these secret ways
Any aul lads with that hairline and that hairstyle raise my suspicions. For further reading see david beckham, ramsey, ewan mcgregor and chris martin.

I say hey good luck to them, no finger pointing here. But I know. points finger

Ah now, i'm not going to begrudge them getting older.

Although fair play to Sean Moore for looking almost the very same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back