new mac pro.. (1 Viewer)

i presume youve gone to 'configure it' and maxed everything just for fun.

i came to 24 thousand quid.. 32 gigs of ram. can you imagine?
im using 2 gig now.

I dunno, the Pro range is just getting overly-powerful for my needs these days. I'd consider it if I had a suitable LCD display ready to go, but the 24-inch iMac is looking better value right now. I'll have to sell off the old G4 and PC first though.

meh.
i just bought this bad boy:
41w9GmGtQjL._AA280_.jpg

being delivered tomorrow thee hee hee!!!

I dunno, the Pro range is just getting overly-powerful for my needs these days. I'd consider it if I had a suitable LCD display ready to go, but the 24-inch iMac is looking better value right now. I'll have to sell off the old G4 and PC first though.

iMac is a sexy little bitch alright.
I've got my eye on it too.

See these imacs. Would they be worth buying as a full time photoshop workstation? Can you add more ram to them at all?

My da really wants a mac for work stuff....

meh.
i just bought this bad boy:
41w9GmGtQjL._AA280_.jpg

being delivered tomorrow thee hee hee!!!

I got the 24" one of these. Very happy with it. Works a treat. The glossy screen is not a problem either. A glass screen makes everything very vibrant. I switched on the powerbook after a few weeks using this and the screen looked like it was being lit from within by a candle.

I got the 24" one of these. Very happy with it. Works a treat. The glossy screen is not a problem either. A glass screen makes everything very vibrant. I switched on the powerbook after a few weeks using this and the screen looked like it was being lit from within by a candle.
i get that alot even from going from my flatmates year old imac to my powerbook. huge difference.

Yeah, I'm sure the glossy screen looks great for movies and all that jazz, but I'm guessing the super-saturated colours could be misleading in terms of photography/design output - unless you're colour-calibrated up the wazoo. Speaking of which, anybody here used any of the Pantone Huey calibration yokes?

Yeah I saw the issues with CS3 alright, cheers boss. Prolly be a while yet, but I'll suggest an imac to him anyhow.

Yeah, I'm sure the glossy screen looks great for movies and all that jazz, but I'm guessing the super-saturated colours could be misleading in terms of photography/design output - unless you're colour-calibrated up the wazoo. Speaking of which, anybody here used any of the Pantone Huey calibration yokes?

We (me and me da) use the GretagMacbeth Eye-One Match. It's pretty darn good. For printer colour management he just uses the fuji driver for the paper. (Any printing I do is off his pc.)

You should see the amount of space taken up in pro photography mags with colour management bollocks.

We (me and me da) use the GretagMacbeth Eye-One Match. It's pretty darn good. For printer colour management he just uses the fuji driver for the paper. (Any printing I do is off his pc.)

You should see the amount of space taken up in pro photography mags with colour management bollocks.

GretagMacbeth Eye-One Match? Snappy title. I'll take a look-see. All my monitor calibration to date has been done manually, and our prepress settings come straight from the printers. It's been grand, but I'd be interested to see if Huey or GTMBEOM could make a better fist at accurate colour repro.

I've done it manually before using one of them charts online somewhere. It has no comparison to the eye one match job. The sensor yoke also takes into account the ambient light in the room and what lights are facing the monitor which is pretty nifty although I'm not sure how much difference that makes to be honest.

The 24-inch takes a max of 4GB - always buy 3rd party RAM though, or Apple will charge you through the nose.

DONT buy 3rd party RAM. They charge you through the nose cos it works and dos'nt fuck up your machine. I've had bad experiances with bad RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back