new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (10 Viewers)

fucking great stuff from the pool recently
champs league all the way
and united to win nothing
hardy fucking har har

Careful now. This all smells a bit like last year. Exactly like last year.

Still, fucking loving that pairing - there was even some free flowing intuitive football here and there yesterday..

_41404997_gretna_livscraves.jpg

Can't say I'd be too happy reading this if I was a Liverpool fan.

"For us the Champions League is a bit easier because we can be concentrated in two games," said the Spaniard, who guided the Reds to success in the tournament in 2005.
"In the Premier League, the top three English clubs are tough and it is hard every game. The difference is the Premier League is for nine months." Rafa

"For us the Champions League is a bit easier because we can be concentrated in two games," said the Spaniard, who guided the Reds to success in the tournament in 2005.
"In the Premier League, the top three English clubs are tough and it is hard every game. The difference is the Premier League is for nine months." Rafa

explain?

i kind of agree with him though. The champions league is so diluted now it is easier to win than the domestic league. All of the groups the english clubs were in were easy enough to top. And now with the quarter finals they have a chance to get fenerbache or schalke. then its the semi-finals!

i kind of agree with him though. The champions league is so diluted now it is easier to win than the domestic league. All of the groups the english clubs were in were easy enough to top. And now with the quarter finals they have a chance to get fenerbache or schalke. then its the semi-finals!
same for all cup competitions, although the theory is that over 90 mins, anyone can beat anyone. that used to be true, then it stopped being tru, but last week end it proved it can still be true. over 90 mins you can do what portsmouth did. ride out the storm and nick a goal. over two legs, the result is usually fair. over 38 games, the results are usually fair. these days with the premiership being what it is, you have to make a choice. liverpool won the eurotin in oughtfive while being shit in the league, arsenal got to the final the next year with similar form. it's be really hard, with the neck and neck run in in the prem, for arse or united to do both... so, i suppose the champs league is an easier competition, as long as you're not bothering yourself playing to the wire in the league. clever rafa, see?

Rafa almost conceding he doesn't know how to win the Premier league.
and I am not referring to just this season.

No he wasn't. He's pointing out that it's harder to win the Premier League than the CL, and apart from Man U in '99 almost impossible to achieve one without it being at the expense of the other. It doesn't mean he doesn't know how, he's not thick Janer.

No he wasn't. He's pointing out that it's harder to win the Premier League than the CL, and apart from Man U in '99 almost impossible to achieve one without it being at the expense of the other. It doesn't mean he doesn't know how, he's not thick Janer.
how to win it is pretty straight forward. get more points than everyone else.

It took Ferguson 6 years to win a league title and 13 years to win a champions league. Wenger has been at Arsenal 12 years and he's still not won the champions league. It might be easier for Benitez to compete in Europe but it's clearly not the case for the other 2 and let's not kid ourselves that it's because they are always there or thereabouts in the league. A little perspective please gentlemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back