new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

It looks like Rafa will definitely be gone within 48 hours according to sky news. I'd be very surprised if a new manager comes in and keeps Liverpool in the top ten next season with that squad and little to no money.

Anyone buying the theory that Rafa is being shipped out so the club can sell the top stars?

or

Anyone buying the theory that it was Rafa OR the top stars that had to go and Rafa lost out.

Last year, a couple of months into the season, I told you that Benitez had lost the dressing room. A couple of months back I told you that Benitez wanted out and that his agent had made it clear what would be needed for his client to walk away. What I didn't tell you yesterday was that Benitez was about to be sacked. That's because I didn't know that anything was going to go down last night.
It was obvious to me that something had to give and soon would, I've been telling you that for a while, but when the news started to break yesterday, I was quite surprised.

KennyDalglishNew.jpg
I've been turned off by it all if I'm honest, I think those of you that know me, have seen that.

I received an email earlier in the day saying something was brewing but I've been getting those emails every day for months. Usually the best information comes from sources (friends) on MSN, Skype etc. They were quiet, until last night. There I was minding my own business and all of a sudden I started hearing audio alerts all over the place. I ignored the first one, it's probably just a random email I thought, but then more and more alerts started going off and my Skype was flashing. Something had gone down.

A friend of mine who works for one of the national newspapers then called me and gave me a run down of what he claimed had happened. He insisted that Rafa had been sacked and a very close friend of mine told me this morning that he's definitely gone despite the claims on Sky Sports News today that they understand he will leave within 48 hours.
I'm told that managing director Christian Purslow was responsible for pushing Benitez out on the instructions of Tom Hicks. If you believe my source, Hicks and Purslow have been conspiring together to get rid of Benitez for weeks.

If you're a Benitez fan, you can't just blame Hicks and Purslow for pulling the trigger. Rafa didn't help himself. He was too stubborn. His heart was in the right place but that Spanish blood makes him who he is. He lost the dressing room ages ago and my sources for that were senior first team players. I know them, I know their families, I know their friends. The information could never be doubted and my opinion is that once you've lost them, there is no turning back no matter how good you are.

What we mustn't do is forget what Rafa achieved for us. Not only that but he worked for us under the biggest set of wankers ever associated to the club. All of them, Purslow, Broughton, Hicks, Gillett... they have to be kicked out.
Please do not fall for the spin that is going to come out of Anfield over the coming weeks. They're all tossers. You cannot compare any of them to Rafa who cared about us, the fans. He's the only one who stood up to them and he paid the price.

Those of you celebrating are a disgrace. By all means welcome change if you wanted that but show some respect towards a good man.

Personally I hope they give the job to Dalglish and not just because of that bet I put on last year when I was told Rafa had lost the dressing room and that the King had made it known via a 3rd party that he wanted the job! I know he wants the job. He is ideal. I'm not even going to justify his case.

The owners won't be gone this summer, possibly not even this year so we're all going to have to grow up and accept it for what it is. We have limited resources and we have to work to them. If key players want out, even after a change in manager, then **** 'em. Let 'em go.

I would advise you ignore any claims made by the club or Rafa's agent over the next few days. Any denials I see I will laugh off. They're all full of shit. All I want to see is Rafa succeed somewhere else, at a club where he will be appreciated. And while he's doing that, we can regroup under a new manager, lift morale in the squad and force the owners, Purslow and Broughton out.
It'll be sad to see Rafa go but already I'm feeling a little more positive than when I published my last editorial earlier this week.
Dalglish is the man to lead the revolution.
YNWA

Duncan Oldham
KopTalk Editor

This is a new low in the way the club's been run over recent years, no matter what you think about Benitez.

Dalglish is probably the ideal person to take over the club at this point to inspire the supporters and players, but what is he going to do about the ownership, finances, and the uncertainty about the future? It could all go kevin keegan.

Dalglish is probably the ideal person to take over the club at this point to inspire the supporters and players,

You think the players, maybe Gerrard and Carra aside, are going to be that bothered over Daglish's achievements and what he means to the fabric of the club? I'm not so sure. It's not like he's got a successful recent pedigree.

You think the players, maybe Gerrard and Carra aside, are going to be that bothered over Daglish's achievements and what he means to the fabric of the club? I'm not so sure. It's not like he's got a successful recent pedigree.

obviously he's from a different generation and what worked in 1990 isn't going to work today. but the reality is that whoever is in charge next is temporary, at least until the americans finally fuck off. or the club goes bankrupt and it doesn't matter anyway. if some oil rich sultan buys into the club then by all means get in someone who can do a proper job but until then it's a firefighting exercise. dalglish's heart is in the club, he won't be doing it for money, and he'll sign on willing to step aside if and when the situation calls for it. (i guess).

and as for the foreign players, yes i do think that anyone playing for LFC will be fully aware of the club's history and what dalglish has accomplished. they hear the supporters singing his name every weekend. he'd command more far respect from day one than some journey man mercenary.

This Dalglish talk is laughable.
Completely laughable.
Who's going to sign for him?
Surely the ideal choice for the job is someone who.. I dunno, does the job?
Or has done this century at least?

Liverpool FC today confirmed that Rafael Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent.
spacer.gif

Mr Benitez relinquishes his position as team manager after six years and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their grateful thanks for his services and wish him all the best in his future career.
The Board has now asked Managing Director Christian Purslow, with the assistance of Club Ambassador Kenny Dalglish, to begin a formal search to identify and assess potential candidates for the managerial position.
No timescale has been placed on the process and Liverpool FC will make no further statement until a new manager is appointed.
LFC Chairman Martin Broughton said: "Rafa will forever be part of Liverpool folklore after bringing home the Champions League following the epic final in Istanbul but after a disappointing season both parties felt a fresh start would be best for all concerned.''
Rafael Benitez said: "It is very sad for me to announce that I will no longer be manager of Liverpool FC. I would like to thank all of the staff and players for their efforts.
"I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Toshack would be amazing

Now that Benitez is gone along with his contractual control over transfers there's no need to get the manager's approval for selling players.

Bye bye Torres, bye bye Gerrard, Mascherano, Yossi...

The money will pay down the debt, they'll sell up and pay the rest off, then waltz off with the extra £100m in pocket leaving the club to rebuild for the next decade.

Watch it happen.

editorial from koptalk, they're generally quite accurate...

While I agree with some of the sentiment, that Koptalk website is a load of drivel and I wouldn't trust it at all. (http://koptalkinsider.wordpress.com/)

This is a load of gock. Those scumbags and their hired goons in the boardroom will fuck us over again and again for another few dollars. I'm all in favour of staging a coup.

I have to say it was strange the way it happened for a finish, it looked like Rafa was definitely staying for the last few weeks and then bang he's gone. I reckon he told the board he wanted to sell Gerrard and reinvest the lot and that was the final straw for both when he didn't get his way. Regardless, I've a terrible feeling Rafa will come out of this a hell of a lot better than Liverpool Football Club, who in their right mind could possibly want the job? I can see Kenny taking over on a temporary basis and end up there for the coming season at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back