new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

masch in talks with inter. "benitez's football is my football" he says. obviously. it'd be a massive shame if he went, but i reckon there could be 40 mil in that.
liverpool in talks with pellegrini. he's alright. a bit underwhelming. can he speak english? maybe torres likes him.

god, this is shit.

masch in talks with inter. "benitez's football is my football" he says. obviously. it'd be a massive shame if he went, but i reckon there could be 40 mil in that.

If he goes I'd fucking love for you to get that sort of fee. It'd scare Barca shitless when it came to making an appropriate second offer on Cesc.

So it's official, Roy Hodgson is nuts. As I read somewhere 'he's the right man for the wrong time'. He's a good manager that will get us playing better football than last year (not a big ask of course) but you can be sure that ast least one of Torres, Mascherano and Gerrard will be finishing packing their bags tonight. I can't imagine there were any more high profile candidates interested, so considering it's not MON or Mark Hughes I'm happy enough. The board will be happy to steady the finances, sell off the best of what Benitez brought in and as fans we're hopefully in for a more entertaining and stable season than last. We may turn into Fulham and we'll have to fight to finish in the top 6, but think of these exciting footballing possibilities - a functioning defence! More than one striker on the pitch! Wingers! Young players like Dani Pacheco being given a fucking opportunity!

Use that noggin carefully now Woy, we're rooting for you!

Liverpool have turned a corner etc ?

Hodgeson knows his best team and sticks to it at the very least you can expect a reasonable level of consistency on the minus side I don't think Liverpool have the squad to trouble anyone.

I also await Danny Murphys triumphant return.

I think your analysis is harsh Wheels.
Hodgson is a good choice I think. Very happy with it

In what regard? I'm perfectly happy with Hodgson as coach, but I still think there's a good chance that we'll lose either Torres or Masch, the latter more likely than the former. I hope not, and it's not a slight on Hodgson's rep, I just reckon we'll be selling at least one cash cow to work on the rest of the squad. As for turning into Fulham, I just meant that we may find ourselves in their placings bracket, for this year at least. Outside of last years top 4, there's going to be Man City, Villa and Everton all providing strong challenges for top 4 finishes. I say bring it on, but I'm not expecting Champions League qualification. It may well happen if the players respond to Roy, but the main thing I'm looking forward to is actually enjoying watching Liverpool matches. It's been too long!

Liverpool have turned a corner etc ?

Hodgeson knows his best team and sticks to it at the very least you can expect a reasonable level of consistency on the minus side I don't think Liverpool have the squad to trouble anyone.

I also await Danny Murphys triumphant return.

It's the same squad that should have won the year before last, barring alonso. Aquilani gets to a point where he has a consistent run, he may be a reasonable replacement. The squad underperformed drastically last season. If we can hang onto the big lads (except Masch who clearly wants to go; whispers of cambiasso coming in the opposite direction mind), get a left and a centre back, a bit of width and a striker and we could be all right. That's a lot of ifs mind you. Hodgson is meticulous like Benitez without the emphasis on preventing anyone on the pitch playing some fucking football and has the capability to throw an arm around the shoulders of a struggling player; which might pay dividends with the likes of insua, lucas, riera and babel if we're not in a position to trade up.

Just a shame we can't raid fulham for hegeland and the duffer.

I am meekly hopeful, quietly terrified.

We sell the torres fella, we're sunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back